#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get him in at left back he could play there all season.
Definitely, I don’t understand why, when we have struggled at left back for a while, we don’t play Laporte and Ake there. Two left footed, natural defenders. Makes perfect sense to me so clearly it’s never going to happen.

Definitely, I don’t understand why, when we have struggled at left back for a while, we don’t play Laporte and Ake there. Two left footed, natural defenders. Makes perfect sense to me so clearly it’s never going to happen.

Laporte isn't quick enough to play left back and doesn't have the engine to get up and down the flank all game. Left side of a back three, sure. But not fullback

When both on top form he’s better than Stones imo, selling him would be a mistake.
Laporte hasn't been the same imo since his injury.

Dias and Stones will be almost every City fans favourite partnership I'd have thought. Stones is very under rated largely because of his England performances. He plays better with better players because he's a footballing central defender.

Laporte hasn't been the same imo since his injury.

Dias and Stones will be almost every City fans favourite partnership I'd have thought. Stones is very under rated largely because of his England performances. He plays better with better players because he's a footballing central defender.
He actually did very well for England during the Euro’s.

We need Laporte and Ake, and Zinchenko because he is a useful midfielder IMHO. Mendy will probably stay because of his contract, but his injury a couple of seasons ago seems to have affected him. I gather he is a popular member of the squad so I will give him the benefit of doubt.

Laporte isn't quick enough to play left back and doesn't have the engine to get up and down the flank all game. Left side of a back three, sure. But not fullback
But he's a great centre-back and we need to hang onto him. He will get more than enough starting places in a 60 plus game season. Stones and Dias will get injuries and we will sometimes play three centre backs. Ake is light years behind Laporte in ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.