#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he's a great centre-back and we need to hang onto him. He will get more than enough starting places in a 60 plus game season. Stones and Dias will get injuries and we will sometimes play three centre backs. Ake is light years behind Laporte in ability.

I’m not disagreeing with any of that, I just don’t think he should be playing leftback

2 years ago before he got injured he was widely regarded as the second best defender in the league, Ben whites just gone for £50 million, varane £40million with a year left on his contract, Sevilla reportedly want over £70 million for Kounde. £60million is at least £20 million short and even that's letting him go cheap.

Certain clubs might not have cash but it hasn't actually had any major impact on the transfer market in terms of valuations, I don't see why we should be the only club to let that happen.

We bought him for about that price, his stock has done nothing but rise since and the market is significantly inflated since then. There's no reason not to be making a healthy profit on him if he is to leave.

Sounds like he's a bit of a wrong 'un. Still, very disappointing news all the same. We had 3 absolutely top drawer centre halves. Now we're looking at regular appearances from Nathan Ake if only to afford Stones and Dias some rest, never mind the doomsday scenario of one of them getting injured

Laporte is easily better than Stones in all aspects.

A few years ago yes. They seem to have swapped roles now. These days I see Stones as the confident, physically dominant leader and Laporte as slightly lost squad player who makes mistakes under pressure.

I'd like to hear Laporte's reasons for leaving straight from the horse's mouth. If it really is just "I want to start every game and didn't like being deservedly benched last season" then I'm happy to let him go, but I'd prefer to believe there's more to it than that.

To be honest, I never understood what people saw in him. He's a standard defender who never does anything that makes me think he's special.
Injured himself by tackling with the wrong foot. Schoolboy challenge.
Looks like a loner, never formed a bond with any of our other defenders on the pitch.
I lost any real interest in him when he moaned about not being picked for France and switched nationality.
We'll be lucky to get £40m for him imo. He's never really proved himself at top level.

To be honest, I never understood what people saw in him. He's a standard defender who never does anything that makes me think he's special.
Looks like a loner, never formed a bond with any of our other defenders on the pitch.
I lost any real interest in him when he moaned about not being picked for France and switched nationality.
We'll be lucky to get £40m for him imo. He's never really proved himself at top level.
This could be closer to the truth than it looks at first. He's solid, nothing more than that. Our selling of players is truly awful. If we do shift him £50m would be my guess.

this all day long and how could anyone not want to stay in Manchester when we have glorious weather like today. Seems an oddball to me. Get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.