#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all of our attacking players KdB has the best finishing imo.

This season the stats are backing at up as he is vastly out performing his xG which is the sign of a good finisher. And other than last season where his finishing was a little dodgy, everybody could see this guy can put the ball in the back of the net from the prior seasons.

This is why I'm not a fan of when he and Silva play, to have Silva as the 9.

Silva is a fine finisher, barring today when he could have perhaps had a hattrick, but KdBs technique, weak foot and power definitely gives him the edge and Silva has a better engine. The only reason I can think Pep plays Silva higher is because he wants his engine pressing up top, which I think is the wrong way to go, Silva is better in a deeper position to control our build up with Rodri, and letting KdB play as the striker up top let's him still press in bursts and them conserve energy in the final 3rd.

To counter my argument a little bit, it could also be that Pep still wants KdB playing incisive through balls for the wingers that Bernie can't do, although we don't play this way as much as we did during the Sterling-Sane years, which makes this argument not as good imo.

He's not been the best player at City for a year or three, and certainly not this season. However, (thanks to some degree to pundits raving over him even if he has a poor game) his media / international profile is currently higher than any other City player. As such, he's the most marketable in terms of attracting sponsorship etc.
Basically, his name puts football tourist bums on seats - from a corporate point of view, he's our Lionel Messi. Just like Messi, he's in the twilight of his career.
Next season the main focus will probably be on Foden or Grealish... unless Haaland signs for us of course.
It's not about the game of football, it's about the business of football.
Interesting and not without some truth. Sterling’s best national/ international PR spell also arguably corresponded with his weakest form for us, and vice versa.

KDB’s best moments will feature in every highlight clip. They are so good they can’t be ignored.

His physical condition nowadays is a real issue. Are we actually playing him too much or too little? My own thought is we over-use him in his current condition but some believe more games will return him to match fitness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.