17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His 8th season here and it's starting to show. Whether it's lack of hunger or a drift of technique and pace, he has taken a real downturn. I certainly don't see him as guaranteed starter anymore and I'm not sure I can see that changing.

With the possibility of Gundogan and Bernardo departing, our midfield for next season is going to be a great unknown. I'd like to see Jack and Phil inside in front of Rodri.

Up front we need 2 speedster wingers who can go on the outside.
I don’t really understand his passing deteriorating. Players with age normally get better technically, not worst. His passing seems erratic, I think it may be down to Peps set up. He’s the talisman in the middle of the park, he may feel like he needs to be the one taking a risk.

I don’t want to see him replaced just yet, as he’s still got plenty left to give. I do think Txiki and the recruitment team need to be planning ahead with his replacement.

His radar was off from minute one today and he never really recovered. He’s got plenty of credit in the bank, though.

I do think we’ll see his workload lessen in the next season or so. I’d love to see Grealish and Foden in there personally. Imagine the tenacity!

Before Haaland Kev was on the wind and a free spirit.I watched him today and felt he was always looking for the big man at times when he ordinarily would have bombed on then shot or great pass.
He will be there when it matters in the weeks to come.

Still think he's got a few big games in him, let's hope he saves them for when it matters the most.

At the moment, he's largely been poor and just looks out of sorts

The man is easily my favorite to ever play the sport. Today he wasn’t quite as bad as made out, but it’s shocking because it’s coming from a player of his caliber. Needs to sign off of the Belgium squad if he wants to prolong his career. He was in poor form at the World Cup, as well.

I don’t really understand his passing deteriorating. Players with age normally get better technically, not worst. His passing seems erratic, I think it may be down to Peps set up. He’s the talisman in the middle of the park, he may feel like he needs to be the one taking a risk.

I don’t want to see him replaced just yet, as he’s still got plenty left to give. I do think Txiki and the recruitment team need to be planning ahead with his replacement.

He’s tired and struggling for fitness.

He’s running out of time on the ball and hitting passes off balance or without a half second to get his head up first.

It’s 100% a physical thing he just needs a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.