17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone is over thinking it. Hes simply getting older. Date of birth syndrome, thats all .

He and pep just need to re-invent his role and hopefully get 2 more seasons out of him.

I think everyone is over thinking it. Hes simply getting older. Date of birth syndrome, thats all .

He and pep just need to re-invent his role and hopefully get 2 more seasons out of him.

He’s 31. Some of you carry on like he’s approaching 40.

He’s 31. Some of you carry on like he’s approaching 40.
I think that is only because his performances are regularly less effective than they were, and because he is so loved.

I think he has to become less pivotal to our success, and that means finding another player with the dynamism and directness to drive us forward. I suspect his entire skillset is irreplaceable, as it was with Yaya, but you can replace it with a blend of skills from others. If we can rotate him more, and become less reliant on his skills, he can have another 3 years at the highest levels.

He’s tired and struggling for fitness.

He’s running out of time on the ball and hitting passes off balance or without a half second to get his head up first.

It’s 100% a physical thing he just needs a break.
It’s ridiculous to play him two or even three times a week. A bit like neglecting to service a sports car because we can’t afford time downtime in the workshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.