17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load of utter b*****ks. Top football is not healthy? What about working on a building site? Or any other normal average job which lasts roughly 40 years compared to a footballers pampered tough work life for 15 years. I repeat again youre talking utter horse shit

Spot on.

They want to try working shifts/nights for 40 years,more so in a highly stressful environment,and then compare it to the world/lifestyle they exist in.
Fucking hell,playing the game we love,for an amazing wage,while retiring in your late 30's......is literally the stuff of dreams for 99.9% of us.

You must be living in a similar alternative universe if you think different.

Spot on.

They want to try working shifts/nights for 40 years,more so in a highly stressful environment,and then compare it to the world/lifestyle they exist in.
Fucking hell,playing the game we love,for an amazing wage,while retiring in your late 30's......is literally the stuff of dreams for 99.9% of us.

You must be living in a similar alternative universe if you think different.

I was thinking about this topic this morning and one name suddenly sprang to mind...

Andy Murray.

35 years old playing one on one against a 26 year old for 4 hours and 49 minutes.

Nowhere to hide. No-one else to take the pressure off. No substitute. High-level physical exertion. A day's break and back for the next intensive game. All with a metal hip.

I'm not a big fan of tennis, but I have far more admiration and respect for individual sportsmen like Andy Murray than whinging over-indulged footballers.

I was thinking about this topic this morning and one name suddenly sprang to mind...

Andy Murray.

35 years old playing one on one against a 26 year old for 4 hours and 49 minutes.

Nowhere to hide. No-one else to take the pressure off. No substitute. High-level physical exertion. A day's break and back for the next intensive game. All with a metal hip.

I'm not a big fan of tennis, but I have far more admiration and respect for individual sportsmen like Andy Murray than whinging over-indulged footballers.

Tennis players can sometimes go months without playing competitive matches during the season. They also playing for no-one else other than themselves so it is a different sort of pressure psychologically.

No-one is immune to mental health struggles, it doesn't matter how much money you earn or what a privileged position you are in.

If Kev needs some time off now and it makes him a better player in the long run I'm all for it.

Tennis players can sometimes go months without playing competitive matches during the season. They also playing for no-one else other than themselves so it is a different sort of pressure psychologically.

No-one is immune to mental health struggles, it doesn't matter how much money you earn or what a privileged position you are in.

If Kev needs some time off now and it makes him a better player in the long run I'm all for it.
Who mentioned mental health struggles?

Are you saying that Kev has mental problems? If so, I wasn't aware - do you have a link to any information?

Elite footballers have it easy compared to elite tennis players.

What a load of utter b*****ks. Top football is not healthy? What about working on a building site? Or any other normal average job which lasts roughly 40 years compared to a footballers pampered tough work life for 15 years. I repeat again youre talking utter horse shit
I’m currently laid in bed wide awake after finishing six nights and back on to days tomorrow, these footballers don’t know they’re born.

Andy Murray.

I thin Murray is quite possible one of the greatest ever athletes.He is phenomenal both physically and mentally.

Not training apparently. Could be a blessing in disguise for all parties really.

The team won’t have the reliance on him and the tactics of ‘give it to KDB and hope he pulls something off’ won’t be an option. And it gives him a break. God he looks like he could do with one.

I’m currently laid in bed wide awake after finishing six nights and back on to days tomorrow, these footballers don’t know they’re born.
Exactly, you see in these inside city videos players rocking up to work in designer clothes, their fancy car, arrive in and the chefs on hand to make them whatever they fancy to eat.. Train for a few hours, get massages etc... Also for away games a big fancy comfy bus or a first class private plane with WiFi etc. None of this queuing for a delayed Ryan Air flight... I could go on and on, I stand by it a footballers life is not tough it's a privilege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.