17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 126023

So you didn't love his dedication to the club? Seeing him close down defences like a mad man possessed in the 85th min of a game. He's always left everything out there. He's fantastic person and undoubtedly a City legend.
I do, but he’s. Professional who, to me, is doing his job as opposed to doing it with falling in love with the club. And that’s fine, it’s his job.

It’s get the indication from the three I said that they grew to love the club as well as being paid to play for it.

Kevin will leave with his fortune and medals but he doesn’t come across as someone who will leave with any kind of affinity to the club.

I do, but he’s. Professional who, to me, is doing his job as opposed to doing it with falling in love with the club. And that’s fine, it’s his job.

It’s get the indication from the three I said that they grew to love the club as well as being paid to play for it.

Kevin will leave with his fortune and medals but he doesn’t come across as someone who will leave with any kind of affinity to the club.
I feel the same. My main concern is what they can do for the club while they're here. Once they leave I couldn't care less how they get on.

If in 10 years after they retire they keep coming back to games and demonstrate some affinity for us and fight our corner in the media, then they'll have earned my genuine affection. It's up to them. It's naive to expect too much from any of them.

It's a different world now to the days when Neil Young went back to being a milkman and Tommy Booth became a TV repair man. These guys are (deservedly) multi millionaires but the club is the fans not the players.

I feel the same. My main concern is what they can do for the club while they're here. Once they leave I couldn't care less how they get on.

If in 10 years after they retire they keep coming back to games and demonstrate some affinity for us and fight our corner in the media, then they'll have earned my genuine affection. It's up to them. It's naive to expect too much from any of them.

It's a different world now to the days when Neil Young went back to being a milkman and Tommy Booth became a TV repair man. These guys are (deservedly) multi millionaires but the club is the fans not the players.
Mike Summerbee has set the bar very high with his love of our club.

City shouldn't be cashing in on Kev. When you consider what he's achieved, what he has contributed, his assists 'n goals he's contributed as much as some of the past legends. One more year, his statue and then the world could be his oyster.
Oh god, not another bloody statue ha

If he was going to leave this summer there would have been an announcement from both him, and the club months ago.

He will be regarded as one of our best players ever (arguably….and a strong argument For), he has been a loyal servant to our club for nearly 10 years.

He is not leaving this summer.

If he was going to leave this summer there would have been an announcement from both him, and the club months ago.

He will be regarded as one of our best players ever (arguably….and a strong argument For), he has been a loyal servant to our club for nearly 10 years.

He is not leaving this summer.

The proposed offer may have only arrived to him after the Euro's.

I don't think he will leave, but I do think considering his recent big lay-off, I think if the offer of big money in Saudi came he might seriously consider it. He might think if he gets a lay-off again or his hamstring goes again that opportunity is gone.

Kev has openly said that it would be difficult to turn down the Saudi pay-day before the Euro's.

If they came in with a big fee then you say yes and thank you for your brilliant career Kev, it has been a pleasure watching you all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.