17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rational part of my brain: It was just Huddersfield and they weren't parking the bus anymore...

The part of my brain I'm listening to: City were more dangerous than they'd been all season for the 30 minutes KDB was on the pitch. With him fresh for the 2nd half of the season they're winning the treble again and will outscore opponents 4:1 from here on out!!!!

The word aura gets thrown around loosely but KDB is him. Seeing posts on social media and chatting with some of my buddies even, they all agree the league is ours if De Bruyne is truly back.

Suddenly we have a lot of attacking options again. KDB and Phil in the middle, Bernardo in the middle or out wide, Grealish, Doku and Bobb out wide too. Alvarez banging in the goals again. Kovacic and Nunes improving to be decent squad players.

All this and Haaland hasn't even set foot on the pitch for over a month. If everyone stays fit, it's 4 in a row no problem.

Looks like the club have managed this injury really well. Arguably he came back a bit too soon after the CL final, although the club clearly thought he was okay. But they've gone for a safer approach, got him doing a lot of training and after Newcastle he has another couple of weeks to train and strengthen before he's fully unleashed.

What a boost for the team to have him fit and ready to come back. He'll motivate the team, strike fear into the opposition and just help sew everything together. He's still got unfinished business in the CL as well, so I'm sure he's desperate to get another chance of making a final and actually playing a major part in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.