17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Some people compare him to Ødegaard and Fernandes haha. KDB is ultimately on the level of Zidane, Iniesta etc and other all-timers.
From these numbers alone for the past decade, his not just on the level of all-timers, He is "THE ALL-TIMER". He is a generational talent. The undisputed KING OF ASSISTS. 1-less than Messi, with Messi having 17 games more . That surely puts KdB as the Greatest Assister for the decade!

Let me make it clear from the outset (to avoid any confusion); I WOULDN’T SELL HIM!

Right; playing devil's advocate here. Re these rumours about possible interest from the Saudis, I'll ask this. Kev will be 33 at the end of June. And it seems apparent that we're entering a phase of his career where his game time will need to be managed. Even with no more injuries, he's highly unlikely to be playing 90 minutes in every game. If the Saudis were to come in with an astronomical bid (say £150m+) in the summer, would the club (with FFP in mind) be tempted to at least consider it? Foden would seem to be the heir apparent in such a scenario. As I was at pains to point out, my preference would be to hold on to him, for at least one more year.

Let me make it clear from the outset (to avoid any confusion); I WOULDN’T SELL HIM!

Right; playing devil's advocate here. Re these rumours about possible interest from the Saudis, I'll ask this. Kev will be 33 at the end of June. And it seems apparent that we're entering a phase of his career where his game time will need to be managed. Even with no more injuries, he's highly unlikely to be playing 90 minutes in every game. If the Saudis were to come in with an astronomical bid (say £150m+) in the summer, would the club (with FFP in mind) be tempted to at least consider it? Foden would seem to be the heir apparent in such a scenario. As I was at pains to point out, my preference would be to hold on to him, for at least one more year.
I said sometime last year that I’d be tempted by a bid of over £100m for him considering his age and fitness issues.

I was wrong, so wrong. I’d keep until 40 even if it meant he only played half an hour a week.

I'd keep him for another 10 years even if all he did was walk around the stadium waving at the crowd once every two weeks.

But that's why I'm not running a football club.

I would hope the club would not put pressure on KdB to move to Saudi if a large bid was received. It does not seem to be a great place to play or bring up a family.
City has money enough. Don't see pressure from City happening. I also don't see him move. My prediction is that he will stay a few more years at city and retire in Flanders where he has build a house. Then in 10 years, when his kids are bit older he will return to city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.