18/19 home and away kits ?

To be fair, if buying through Aliexpress then 99% of the shirts sold will either be fake or ones which were never in the official stock system, so wouldn't count towards the official sales figures thus potentially impacting on any new kit deal.

However, seeing as almost every team must lose shirt sales in the same way the effect of this will be minimal - if you can't afford an official shirt from the club shop or Sports Direct etc then it's probably not going to do city any harm ;)

Makes me laugh how much more expensive dive it is to buy through the club shop than a high street retailer even when city had a sale on my coat was cheaper from high street

It strikes me that the pricing dictates that "some" people will purchase items from, shall we say unaffiliated sources. I'm sure there is a business model in place which more than accounts for this but lets be fair, the shirts are not exactly of the highest quality so to charge £60 plus is in my view far far too much. Like I say the club is not a charity and they have to generate income but whenever I see the price I always wonder what effect more sensible pricing would have. 50000 shirts at £60/ea generates £3m 75000 at £45 would generate an additional 375k. Its all very rudimentary I understand but I whilst its only £15 cheaper I think it looks a whole lot more affordable I I think would encourage significant additional sales, but I guess thats just me.

Actual number of shirt sales isn't the major factor in sportswear sponsorship
The manufacturer gains far more in advertising their brand by their product being seen by millions/billions of people in the most high profile competitions and the more successful that club/sports person is, the more the manufacturer will pay
This is why Adidas have the caveat about Champions League with the rags

God knows how much Andy Murray receives from Under Armour, but it's nailed on they don't recover that sponsorship money in tennis shirt sales

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.