18/19 home and away kits ?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by mrtwiceaseason, 19 Nov 2016.

1. casualdeyna

casualdeyna

Must be a Clarkie!? Don't find somewhere the genuine shirt is cheaper than the OS??

Well feck knows why Mansour bought us because I've been looking for the cheapest place to buy the shirts since the 80's

2. bluecityste

bluecityste

To be fair, if buying through Aliexpress then 99% of the shirts sold will either be fake or ones which were never in the official stock system, so wouldn't count towards the official sales figures thus potentially impacting on any new kit deal.

However, seeing as almost every team must lose shirt sales in the same way the effect of this will be minimal - if you can't afford an official shirt from the club shop or Sports Direct etc then it's probably not going to do city any harm ;)

3. lee_wsm

lee_wsm

Makes me laugh how much more expensive dive it is to buy through the club shop than a high street retailer even when city had a sale on my coat was cheaper from high street

4. bluemoonmatt

bluemoonmatt

It strikes me that the pricing dictates that "some" people will purchase items from, shall we say unaffiliated sources. I'm sure there is a business model in place which more than accounts for this but lets be fair, the shirts are not exactly of the highest quality so to charge £60 plus is in my view far far too much. Like I say the club is not a charity and they have to generate income but whenever I see the price I always wonder what effect more sensible pricing would have. 50000 shirts at £60/ea generates £3m 75000 at £45 would generate an additional 375k. Its all very rudimentary I understand but I whilst its only £15 cheaper I think it looks a whole lot more affordable I I think would encourage significant additional sales, but I guess thats just me.

5. dickie davies

dickie davies

Actual number of shirt sales isn't the major factor in sportswear sponsorship
    The manufacturer gains far more in advertising their brand by their product being seen by millions/billions of people in the most high profile competitions and the more successful that club/sports person is, the more the manufacturer will pay
    This is why Adidas have the caveat about Champions League with the rags

God knows how much Andy Murray receives from Under Armour, but it's nailed on they don't recover that sponsorship money in tennis shirt sales

6. richards30

richards30

any reason for the cloak and dagger stuff? just show the bloody kit!!!

7. york away to this!

york away to this!

^^^it's all about building the antici........

.....pation.

8. richards30

richards30

Well the anticipation is growing for what I've just spent £108.95 on without seeing it!! Lol

9. burnley blue mcfc

burnley blue mcfc

Team supported:
    Manchester city
    Has the away kit got a release date yet?

10. richards30

richards30

July has been mentioned mate? I think on the American tour