18/19 home and away kits ?

"The good old days" are those "glory years" experienced in the late 60s and 70s, which is the ONLY glory time almost anyone still alive could recognize as "good old days."

As has been said in the past, many many teams wore black or navy socks back in the day because they were easier to keep clean and look better, but SURELY ANYONE WHO IS ALIVE recognizes that sky blue shirt, white shorts and sky blue socks with maroon turnover is considered "Classic City"?

C'mon guys! I know the kit manufacturers, all 57 (Heinz varieties!) of them, have sought to create some "new and interesting" kits. I also realize a few of them have become "classics" solely because of what happened in them ('99 Play-Off anyone). However, I honestly feel like anyone who was asked to draw Classic City kits, home and away, would pick sky/white/sky for the home kit and red & black stripes/black/black for the away kit, with many many desiring the white with diagonal stripes as the "third kit."

I realize a few of you are young enough that more recent kits with navy socks is what you identify with because you started watching City during that "new" era, but I don't know ANYONE who sees navy socks as a Classic City identifier.

My thoughts on this issue are worth as much as you paid for them, but I think they reflect more City fans than not.
Sky Blue,White and Maroon ..This is Manchester City :)

Arsenal will get £90m per season from Adidas from the season after next, Ferran has to renegotiate this Nike deal up to that ball park now, no excuses.

Arsenal will get £90m per season from Adidas from the season after next, Ferran has to renegotiate this Nike deal up to that ball park now, no excuses.

Rather he didn't and negotiated with someone else preferably adidas but would have puma if they are losing arsenal

Denton..... The Felt Hat capitol of the world......and a very big City town.

I like Chicago.
Lake Shore Drive on a nice day is very neat.
My best mate in high school and one of my first girlfriends were from Denton. Spent many a night there!

As I wasn't born until 76 I don't regard 67-71 as the good old days as I never experienced them, just great moment in citys history, the good old days for me, as you said in the second paragraph is late 80's to mid 90's where even though we were not winning things and were hit n miss, I had great days watching city win or lose, and our kits had navy socks, so am quite fine with us having them again.

Tbh I couldn't give a toss if they are sky blue or navy as long as they ain't white, they are only the socks. the shirt/shorts is the most important thing.

Growing up though me dad n grandad constantly have videoes of city on from pathe news reels of all the cup wins and loses prior to 67 and then the Mercer years and bell, lee, summerbee, young etc, the first city vid I saw was a colour snippet of the 56 cup which is why maroon for me is the only away colour I want to see us in.

the third kit, the sash was cool, but we only had it twice in history, as long as the the shirt is white with either black or navy trim and shorts I am happy, though we have used gold/yellow from time to time.

The double decker kit is pure nike bollocks and this insistance on givin us all navy away or black away kits recently it's shite, maroon or red n black stripe should be our only away choices but preferably maroon.

But everyone has their opinion and they all count, as we have grown up in different eras and different kit styles, which is why city should choose the base template and not deviate.
The thing about socks is that they CANNOT CLASH with the other team, so if we have anything other than sky blue, we will end up having to change them for some game or other, further diluting the "This is City" intent of a set identity. In addition, the maroon turnover is a nod to the past, and maybe even the away kit.

Be a massive irony if, one day, we actually did have Puma!!

this years puma malmo kit is quite nice

Troja_1.jpg

The thing about socks is that they CANNOT CLASH with the other team, so if we have anything other than sky blue, we will end up having to change them for some game or other, further diluting the "This is City" intent of a set identity. In addition, the maroon turnover is a nod to the past, and maybe even the away kit.

the premier league allows same colour socks and shorts, in a game the FA and Uefa don't however. I would be happy with sky blue not arsed about the trim, if it's white or maroon as long as we don't have white socks that ain't city that lazio.

Malmo socks are sky blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.