18/19 home and away kits ?

the 125th aniversary of mcfc forming out of west gorton and ardwick is in 2019, but our first city kit was sky blue shirt white shorts and navy/black socks have to wait to 2034 for the 150th ani of the black shirt

Ah man im sorry! If it's any consolation I did actually buy that shirt, came with K. Toure on the back.

Suppose it was always doomed...
Hah probably was, preferred the navy and black striped 13/14 shirt anyway, have that with Silva on the back signed and framed :)

man-city-72-third-ls_1.jpg

Never understood why we had this sash kit as was none of our colours

man-city-72-third-ls_1.jpg

Never understood why we had this sash kit as was none of our colours

Me neither. Although you could argue silver, citrus and navy aren't either. I see classic football shirts are selling one of these as a match worn City reserve or youth shirt (first team had numbers on sleeves) but given I remember it being a European shirt I can't see reserves or youth playing in Europe. So that's a mystery.

anybody that thinks we will always have white shorts and blue socks is dreaming,they change it to sell it,people slag off the home kit this season,but in my opinion it is a very nice kit,im all for change every season,saying that I don't buy kits.
That just doesn't stack up though. The vast majority of teams have the same colour/style of shorts and socks every single season. So why can't we?

That just doesn't stack up though. The vast majority of teams have the same colour/style of shorts and socks every single season. So why can't we?

over the years we never had a defined home kit. in every decade there as been a change from the blue/white/blue. Nike arent doing anything new, just copying from our past. Its down to the club to dictate to the manufacter whether a kit has to be a certain way. Obviously they havent. And the club havent asked fans what we want so we dont get a say.

over the years we never had a defined home kit. in every decade there as been a change from the blue/white/blue. Nike arent doing anything new, just copying from our past. Its down to the club to dictate to the manufacter whether a kit has to be a certain way. Obviously they havent. And the club havent asked fans what we want so we dont get a say.

only sinces swales though, before we had defined kits

home
Sky blue white trim shirts
white shorts
sky blue socks (though that was only from 50's before were navy/black)

Away

All maroon
or maroon with white pin stripe shirts , white shorts, maroon socks

thats 1894-1968 74 years with a consistant defined kit home and away and then we only changed the away colours to red n black, not till 75 did we ever have blue shorts and for 42 years since the kit has been fucked about with, though the core blue/white combo has still dominated.

There is never a reason to deviate from the original 2 kits we had, yet we allow it all the time in my opinion

You are correct though 42 years with different kit suppliers diluting the defined kit combo so it is different in different peoples perception and really not set in stone as much as my point above would wish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.