18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that says more about our defence
Not really . Ed’s shot stopping ability has been average the last couple of seasons. Ortega was brilliant last night , Ed now has real competition which is great for the squad.

im a firm believer that the player that performs should keep the shirt , steffan was excellent imo and deserves to start the next match,that has nothing to how eddie(im a big fan) has played ,but after that performance how can he be dropped to the bench, there no quicker way to piss players off by dropping them after a 9/10 performance

im a firm believer that the player that performs should keep the shirt , steffan was excellent imo and deserves to start the next match,that has nothing to how eddie(im a big fan) has played ,but after that performance how can he be dropped to the bench, there no quicker way to piss players off by dropping them after a 9/10 performance
Unless said player knows he is the number 2 and understands his position and will play cup games

Whilst hard to disagree with that I think most cup keepers expect to be replaced by the current number one regardless of how they played. I can’t recall too many number twos keeping their place after a great cup performance.

Eddie has been great for us these past 5 or 6 years but do you honestly believe City's ability to win important matches would be compromised with Ortega in goal? Nonsense!
I doubt we would be compromised, but we have only seen Ortega in a handful of games and it is nonsense to make sweeping statements based on them. We are lucky to have both as options.

A lot of people aren't going to like this, but I really don't rate Ederson as a goalkeeper...

For the way we play - playing out from the back, and even for the occasional long ball up field to launch an attack - he is brilliant, and he's perfect for us, and I'm glad we've got him. But, as a goalkeeper, I don't think he is brilliant, and when Pep goes and we change the way we play, I think he will have to go too.

How many of those saves Ortega made last night would Ederson have conceded? We'd have drawn, or even lost, that game.

I'm not saying Ortega should be the new number one, but the commentator for Sky last night said "Should Ederson be worried about his place?" and the other commentator laughed and flatly went "No."

Not saying Ederson should be worried about his place, but I think he certainly has some real competition now - whereas our previous number 2 goalkeepers were never really going to threaten him.

Edit: Just read back a couple of pages and seen people writing similar things, so maybe not as controversial as I thought! Phew!
Eddie is a better sweeper so most of last nights chances would not have happened , you dont seem to understand him at all

I'd like to see him get an extended run . Last night Ederson in goal I reckon we lose that game.
De Gea saves the scum dozens of points with his shot stopping agility, Oretga looks a safe pair if hands and his distribution is fine,

He is crap at saving penalties. But the odds never favour the keeper in those so hard to blame one
Except the opposing goalkeepers when we get a penalty in a 90 min game.
We do very well in shoot outs.
Some of the oenalties last night were excellent, excepting te ridiculous efforts from Guimares and Firming.

I'd like to see him get an extended run . Last night Ederson in goal I reckon we lose that game.
De Gea saves the scum dozens of points with his shot stopping agility, Oretga looks a safe pair if hands and his distribution is fine,
Yet costs them points with his lack of overall goalkeeping ability. Most reds have wanted him gone for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.