18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie is a better sweeper so most of last nights chances would not have happened , you dont seem to understand him at all
Ortega was quality last night, superb performance but he made saves a top keeper should make and let's be honest a couple of those chances he should not have had to get the opportunity to get anywhere near them, poor finishing.

We are incredibly lucky to have two high class goalkeepers.

I'd like to see him get an extended run . Last night Ederson in goal I reckon we lose that game.
De Gea saves the scum dozens of points with his shot stopping agility, Oretga looks a safe pair if hands and his distribution is fine,

Or, Ederson plays and we conceded far fewer chances as we’re a much better defensive unit when he’s involved.

Has Ederson ever faced that many shots in a game for us? If the answer is no, ask yourself why.

He was as integral as anyone in the tough game at Leicester the other week.

Ortega had a great game though.

Means nothing without context that stat.
Anyway, this it Ortegas thread and he deserves all the praise he’s getting for last night and if he ends up as our number 1 it’s because he’s earned that spot.
I don’t feel the need to give grief to one of the players who has played a huge part in our success under Pep whilst praising someone else. It’s petty as fuck.
We're actually saying the same thing in regards to credit to both.

Eddie is a better sweeper so most of last nights chances would not have happened , you dont seem to understand him at all
What rubbish, none of the chances came from Ortega not sweeping or retaining possession. I knew there was a reason I’d had you on mute for a year. Do you honestly believe the guff you posted there. Do you honestly believe that “most of the chances came from [Ortega not sweeping as well as Ederson]? Which ones? Point them out.

Has Ederson ever faced that many shots in a game for us? If the answer is no, ask yourself why.
Is the answer, because we played with Lewis and Gomes as full backs and neither were really on their game last night, same as Gundo and even Rodders?

And yes he has, against Leicester when we conceded 5.

Last edited:
There seemed to be a lot of buzz from the club when he signed, with journos saying that City thought he was a sensational player.

He's not quite Ederson with his feet, but he's really, really good. He's certainly confident enough to draw pressure, and play the line breaking passes that Pep wants. He's almost certainly the better shot stopper though, and it's about time Ederson had some real competition.

It'll be interesting to see how much pressure Ortega puts on Pep if he keep up these kind of appearances all the way to Wembley in both cups.
You hit the nail on the head, competition. Every player needs legitimate competition in order to maintain peak performance and to keep complacency from creeping in. This includes the keeper. We are beyond blessed with the various options we have on the pitch. One can NEVER have too many good players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.