18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a superb game and it keeps Ederson on his toes which is great for us all but people slagging Ederson off need to give their heads a wobble, he has been wonderful from the first day he stepped into this club, a huge part of our success and the way we play the game.

Last edited:
Nothing against Eddie, but I'd like to see Stefan start the next few league matches. I think he's done more than enough to justify that.

Great business bringing him in!
The next few league matches are not friendlies or trials so dropping your regular keeper means players will not appreciate the keeper they are used to playing with is absent. His not playiny changes the balance of the team. noticeably. Great game by Ortega .but Ederson has done littlle wrong and should be retained. Good business to capture still.

Last edited:
Why have you not seen as good a game by a City GK in the past 5 years. Could it be because when Ederson plays our team as a unit tries to keep opponents mostly in their own half so that attempts at goal are much less. Last night how we played was much more old style. Ortega had a top quality game,but why was he under such pressure. Have you ever noticed how opponents set themselves up as a team when Ederson plays, much more conservively.
Oh cmon, Chelsea barely pressed us and Ortega distribution was perfect, they would have created the same amount with Ederson as a starter. Having Ortega had nothing to do with the other team creating tons of chances. Now suddenly the reason why the opposition doesn't create as much chances as today is thanks to Ederson. Really some people are so delusional with Ederson that he suddenly is the best shotstopper, better than KDB with his passing, his mere presence makes the other team not create chances...

I wasn't even criticizing Ederson, but when people come here and try to say that Ortega's game today was just good and Ederson performance against Brighton, Fulham and Leicester was better...

Then I will say that Dortmund didn't create any chances in Germany because of Ortega. See how ridiculous that assumption is?

Sure, playing a super tired Gundo and Rodri had nothing to do. Playing with Mahrez and Grealish that are not as defensive had nothing to do. Playing with Gomez that is by far our worst defender had nothing to do. Playing against top opposition had nothing to do.

What would Ortega need to do in order to be a starter? Because he cannot possibly have a better match.

Very impressive performance,probably so much so that we would not be in the next round had Eddie been in net.Thats not a dig at Eddie,as he is still the number 1 for our usual set up and system,however,such brilliance by Ortega cannot be ignored,and its only to the clubs benefit that we have two keepers of such quality who can push each other to stay at the top of their game.

Our record from the Bundesliga is impeccable.

Stefan Ortega
Vincent Kompany
Jerôme Boateng
Manuel Akanji
Nigel de Jong
Ilkay Gündogan
Kevin de Bruyne
Leroy Sané
Erling Haaland

£214m total cost. We should shop there more often.

To be honest, it won’t make much difference. There’s only one game left before a long break. Ederson will play in that game.

Ortega will play in the 4th round of the Carabao Cup.

Then we see where we are after Xmas.
I’ve not suggested Ederson should be dropped, but it’s only good for City to have Ortega pushing him.

Haha! Settle down? I’m very much settled down. It means that a great game in a league cup game means fuck all in the grand scheme of things and we should be happy for him tonight. It also means that him being a great shot stopper doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a better keeper than Eddie.
I go back to my original point. Having a brilliant game tonight doesn’t mean we have to pick faults with his competition. Football has always been full of second choice keepers having a worldie in a cup competition only never to be seen again. Do you think Liverpools keeper will start the next game after saving 3 pens tonight?
I’m made up for him, but let’s not kid ourselves, he will only play in this competition. If he makes himself number one then good on him.
He will also play FA Cup and only a fool would suggest that the No.1 and No.2 positions are set in stone.

Form will always dictate with Pep because he cares more about the team’s success than anything else.

Had a superb game and it keeps Ederson on his toes which is great for us all but people slagging Ederson off need to give their heads a wobble, he has been wonderful from the first day he stepped into this club, a huge part of our success and the way we play the game.
Can you quote the posts slagging Eddie as that seems like hyperbole combined with a strawman.

Can you quote the posts slagging Eddie as that seems like hyperbole combined with a strawman.
Got better things to do with my time but Ederson gets far, far too much abuse, he is a top quality goalkeeper and a huge part of our club on and off the pitch.

My word on Saturday people slagging him off for not saving the penalty, incredibly sad.

Got better things to do with my time but Ederson gets far, far too much abuse, he is a top quality goalkeeper and a huge part of our club on and off the pitch.

My word on Saturday people slagging him off for not saving the penalty, incredibly sad.
Right, thought so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.