19 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2024/25

Unfortunately, things just haven’t fallen for him yet: the volley early against Arsenal, the chance from the cutback yesterday. That said, there have been glimpses here and there, and better control by Haaland and he might even have had an assist yesterday. He’s much like Foden, finding his feet this season, and once we settle into a rhythm regular games they’ll both be fine.

The word fickle comes to mind.

If ever anyone had credit in his account.

I wonder when Gundo’s going to get his first boo of his second stint with us? Or maybe the cheer when he gets subbed?
Nobody is sacred at City. I reckon every City player and the manager have been slagged off at one time or another on Bluemoon or should I say Bluemoan.

Thought he worked of the ball was great his when to pass was a bit off that's understandable he will be a big player for us now Rodri is out..

I can understand why Matheus Nunes isn't happy when he sees that Pep prefers Ilkay and Rico to him. Just imagine if Nunes had played Ilkay's game today... We'd have 3/4 of the forum insulting the board for buying him.

He shouldn't see the starting 11 again as long as there are players like Phil Foden, Bernardo Silva and even Matheus Nunes in midfield.

I can understand why Matheus Nunes isn't happy when he sees that Pep prefers Ilkay and Rico to him. Just imagine if Nunes had played Ilkay's game today... We'd have 3/4 of the forum insulting the board for buying him.

He shouldn't see the starting 11 again as long as there are players like Phil Foden, Bernardo Silva and even Matheus Nunes in midfield.
I am sensing another fanboy here but if you dont know, gundy was the first player pep brought here, seven or eight years ago even though he had a bad injury , he admires him that much , he wanted him to stay last year and quickly said yes to having him back now , he needs to sharpen up after the slow pace in spain, then next to kev he is the best midfielder in the country

Just saying

He was never going to hit the ground running coming back into this team.
Yesterday was a poor performance by his very high standards but those writing him off are the very worst type of fans we have following the club these days.
It’s going to be a long hard season and by the end he will have more than played his part.

I am sensing another fanboy here but if you dont know, gundy was the first player pep brought here, seven or eight years ago even though he had a bad injury , he admires him that much , he wanted him to stay last year and quickly said yes to having him back now , he needs to sharpen up after the slow pace in spain, then next to kev he is the best midfielder in the country

Just saying
Why call me a fanboy because I have an opinion you don't like?

Are you aware that football players grow old as talented as they are? I know Ilkay's story by heart and I've been following him since Dortmund. I know exactly what kind of player he is, and I think he's not the player he used to be, especially when it comes to his strengths, which are speed of execution and decision-making.
If you followed him last year at Barça, you'd know that he started the season very strongly before totally declining in the second half of the season, so his decline didn't start when he returned to Manchester.

I think the team needs to reinvent itself, especially in the transition game, and we have the players to do that with Haaland, Doku, Savinho, Phil, Matheus Nunes,Gvardiol, Jack, Kevin, but not Ilkay.

Why call me a fanboy because I have an opinion you don't like?

Are you aware that football players grow old as talented as they are? I know Ilkay's story by heart and I've been following him since Dortmund. I know exactly what kind of player he is, and I think he's not the player he used to be, especially when it comes to his strengths, which are speed of execution and decision-making.
If you followed him last year at Barça, you'd know that he started the season very strongly before totally declining in the second half of the season, so his decline didn't start when he returned to Manchester.

I think the team needs to reinvent itself, especially in the transition game, and we have the players to do that with Haaland, Doku, Savinho, Phil, Matheus Nunes,Gvardiol, Jack, Kevin, but not Ilkay.
You are going to be very disappointed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.