19 | Julian Alvarez - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This lad is going to get plenty of game time ,he reminds me of Tevez never giving defender a minutes peace , no doubt will take some time to adjust but he isnt here to warm the bench all the time. Very impressed with hisattitude and workrate , £19m ? Early days but i think we have dug up a gem.

Early days, but in forward pressing, as crazy as it sounds, he may actually be an upgrade on Gabby. Bayern defenders genuinely didn’t know how to handle him last night and were dispossessed or hurried in to a bad pass numerous times. I think I counted five turnovers in the Bayern half from Julian’s pressing alone. And this was largely Bayern’s starting back four. At one point, after Alvarez forced a bad pass that gave us the ball on the edge of their box, they were shouting recriminations at each other. He had them completely out of sorts.

Whether Alvarez can match or surpass Jesus’ attacking contributions is yet to be seen, but I am very excited to see him progress under Pep and co.

His pressing is crazy good.

For this reason, he may start some games on the right wing over Mahrez or Palmer. We ain't signing a Sterling replacement, no need to do it.

Mahrez and Foden will probably be our main options on the right wing, with Alvarez and Palmer being good options as well.

For this reason, he may start some games on the right wing over Mahrez or Palmer. We ain't signing a Sterling replacement, no need to do it.

Mahrez and Foden will probably be our main options on the right wing, with Alvarez and Palmer being good options as well.
Spot on.

I remember a few people on this forum saying we should temper our expectations of him. Fuck that, this kid's gonna be a star in this team

FNq83hvXwAAkJVA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.