19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same sentiment. He's played himself well as the match went on like in the previous matches. I'm glad he is becoming more involved and making a bigger contribution. Anyone who thinks he played poor here has to be wumming.
Thought he was great today and my MotM.

A few loose passes in the first half but he was in good company in that regard, but he drove the team forward in the second half and created more space for Haaland.

Great run for the penalty as well and he’s definitely growing into the role.

You're absolutely spot on with the Müller comparison. Sometimes he looks a level below our standard in terms of touch, technical ability, passing etc. But he's intelligent, he picks up brilliant positions, he works hard, he consistently gets into scoring positions or fashions chances for others. His numbers speak for themselves.

Does he get in our best eleven, when everyone's fit? Not yet, in my opinion. But he's hopefully going to polish his game, and work on his weaknesses. So I think he'll be hugely important for us long into the future.

Spot on post this.

whoscored ranked him 3rd best, sofascore ranked him 2nd best, his heat map leaned slightly left but was wonderfully balanced across the attacking half - he was a match winner today and he's getting crap, crazy

yeah, he blew 2 passes to Phil in transition - you know, kinda like KDB or any risk taker does every match
Scored, made the penalty, and unfortunate that the Haaland pass won't be an assist.

The only problem with his risk taking passes, is that today we had Haaland, Foden, Doku and Alvarez, who were all taking risks. In the first half it was a definite problem.

Think he's playing fine. My only gripe is that he doesn't have the 'la pausa' that Pep constantly uses against Phil playing where Julian is either. He's constantly turning the ball over yet is seemingly the first choice there.

Think he's playing fine. My only gripe is that he doesn't have the 'la pausa' that Pep uses against Phil playing where Julian is either. He's constantly turning the ball over yet is seemingly the first choice there.
Very true-second half suited him when the game opened up. He's such a brilliant runner with the ball through the centre of the pitch.

Obviously Haaland is a killer so we have to start him in big games but think Hoolian, like Grealish, would really shine in big matches that are more open and allow him to really show his best attributes off.

Think he's playing fine. My only gripe is that he doesn't have the 'la pausa' that Pep constantly uses against Phil playing where Julian is either. He's constantly turning the ball over yet is seemingly the first choice there.
You know who doesnt have la pausa?

Kevin de bruyne.

Think he has been fine as the #10 in our team.

Kevin's midfield partner usually has it though (David, then Gundogan).

And Alvarez' partner should be Foden who is the best partner to him in that role.

You know who doesnt have la pausa?

Kevin de bruyne.

Think he has been fine as the #10 in our team.

Kevin's midfield partner usually has it though (David, then Gundogan).

And Alvarez' partner should be Foden who is the best partner to him in that role.
My point is Foden has waited years to play there because he's apparently lacking this but Alvarez is in his second season and is now seemingly the first choice all while shoehorning Phil out on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.