19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Can’t believe what I am reading here. The lad has been moved around, position wise to accommodate others. When Haaland was injured, loved the football we played, with Alvarez.

Welcome to the high football elite.

You are not in 2005.

Now your club is in same level as Real Madrid or Barça, where just one year without winning a trophy or even winning just one of them, is enough to dismiss the coach, mistreat that player or wanting to enter the stadium with a hammer in hand.

It is called the pressure of huge amounts of money injected, high expectations, interests dependent on someone continuing to invest in you... just a business.

This is the summer to get rid.

Huge chance to make a significant profit before teams realise he’s only worth about £35m.

Good player just not our level.

I maintain we could easily get Chelsea to sign him for 90 odd mil this summer.

We won every game by at least 2 goals. Both the Forest and Spurs games were the second of back to back road games on short rest. Ya have to add some context fella. Our best stretch by quite a margin...
Come on. God knows how Forest didn't score a couple on us. They had more than double our xG. Spurs were very unlucky not to score, too. There's your context.

Huge chance to make a significant profit before teams realise he’s only worth about £35m.

Take him and Doku out of our side in the early season and we would have had no title or any sort of run in the cups.

He has played non stop for 3 seasons, superb little player and a player that all top clubs would love in their squad.

If we had conceded first in those games I think we would’ve lost just like against the rags.
Yes the players were exhausted mentally and physically after clawing our way back into contention in n the title race.
Lack of rotation, lack of quality in depth - there lies the problem.

How is he not our level? He was a significant part of us winning the treble only last season and in the early part of this season as well.

One season not as good as last year and now he’s not good enough? May as well sell most of the squad

Going to the Olympics apparently and will be involved in the copa america this summer. Hasn't had a break from football for about 3 years now, won't get one this summer and will miss the start of the season with the Olympics.

Can totally understand his desire to play in it but it sounds like a really bad idea to me. He'll be burnt out next season and suffer for it. The Olympic final is 10th August if they make it that far, then he'll have to be given a rest of at least 3 weeks so he isn't going to be back with us until September possibly even October by the time he's properly match fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.