19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Every squad needs a player who doesn't kick up a fuss when they're not starting and still contributes when he comes into the team. 32 G/A in 54 games (39 starts) is good enough for me in that regard. Happy to keep him like I would have been happy to keep Gabriel Jesus.

Going to the Olympics apparently and will be involved in the copa america this summer. Hasn't had a break from football for about 3 years now, won't get one this summer and will miss the start of the season with the Olympics.

Can totally understand his desire to play in it but it sounds like a really bad idea to me. He'll be burnt out next season and suffer for it. The Olympic final is 10th August if they make it that far, then he'll have to be given a rest of at least 3 weeks so he isn't going to be back with us until September possibly even October by the time he's properly match fit.
That's where the drop off on form has come from - he's been run into the ground. Absolutely huge opportunity for Bobb whilst he's away to come and provide that deeper lying forward option. We need to almost write Alvarez off until December to allow him a proper break, he must be mentally exhausted

Going to the Olympics apparently and will be involved in the copa america this summer. Hasn't had a break from football for about 3 years now, won't get one this summer and will miss the start of the season with the Olympics.

Can totally understand his desire to play in it but it sounds like a really bad idea to me. He'll be burnt out next season and suffer for it. The Olympic final is 10th August if they make it that far, then he'll have to be given a rest of at least 3 weeks so he isn't going to be back with us until September possibly even October by the time he's properly match fit.
absolute bizzare decision as we potentially having 70+ games next season

Every squad needs a player who doesn't kick up a fuss when they're not starting and still contributes when he comes into the team. 32 G/A in 54 games (39 starts) is good enough for me in that regard. Happy to keep him like I would have been happy to keep Gabriel Jesus.
Yeah, I watched all the goals of last season and he scored some crackers!

Bring home some gold, Julian!

He's fit enough, isn't overplayed at all, will enjoy the time with his Argie mates and come back motivated for a new PL adventure.

Erling having a proper rest to start the PL matches. Perfect.

Got as much right to play for Argentina as our other players playing in the Euro's
He does but he's playing in 2 tournaments before the season starts now. Our players basically didnt have a break last season with us winning the treble and playing a crazy nunber of games, he went to the world cup and before that he played an entire season in Argentina before coming straight here to play. the lad's had no real break for years, it's a dangerous workload.

He should be choosing the copa america or the Olympics, not both. As should any player looking to participate in an international competition or the Olympics this summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.