19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Arsenal are about to get Sesko for 40m, there's also Victor Boniface. There are goalscorers out there.
Sesko will be a starter for them. He is not joining to sit on the bench. Boniface is a starter for Leverkusen. Players like that are not joining City to play 2nd fiddle to Haaland.

I am just saying don't fix what's not broken. We have enough changes to make as it is. We can lose KDB, Bernardo, Eddie and now Julian as well? We can't allow that to happen.

Sesko will be a starter for them. He is not joining to sit on the bench. Boniface is a starter for Leverkusen. Players like that are not joining City to play 2nd fiddle to Haaland.

I am just saying don't fix what's not broken. We have enough changes to make as it is. We can lose KDB, Bernardo, Eddie and now Julian as well? We can't allow that to happen.
I don't think we would be losing Eddie, As for Hoolian, if there are clubs out there looking to offer 80m, I think it would be wise to accept it. Julian development has stalled for about a year, he needs a fresh start.

As for starting from the bench, a LOT of players would jump on that opportunity to come here. There's enough games to go around. Although I feel like maybe, just maybe Pep has plans of using Savio or Echeverri in some kind of false 9 set up next season, so with Haaland our default setup would be with a target man but when we play without him then we revert to the false 9 system, which personally I prefer.

Either way I'm excited about next season. No expectations really, I just want to see the rebuild begin. Kdb, Bernie and Walker would be leaving this coming season or the one after, this would be a very exciting window.

I suspect that the alternative to Haaland may be a return to the false nine, and I would have no objection to that.

Hes been really good for us but i must be honest, i thought he was very poor last half of the season and i got so frustrated with him at times. He needs to go and be a first choice striker somewhere and if we can get close to 100 million for him then id not be too fussed as long as we are bringing in decent replacements.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.