19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Could we tempt Isak out of Newcastle, only 24 and can play across the front 3.
Our issue is getting someone who’s happy to be sub every time haaland plays. Top strikers wont want that and we don’t want anyone who’s not a top striker. Catch 22. Unless Pep finds a way of evolving the formation to play 2 up front next season.

I suspect that the alternative to Haaland may be a return to the false nine, and I would have no objection to that.

This.

Foden in that role is exhilarating to watch.

Alvarez is a decent player but can’t do the midfield role and we don’t really need a Haaland backup as such.

Good luck to him etc but I’ll not lose any sleep should he leave.

Gabriel Jesus vibes - though he’s better than Jesus.

I'd be very disappointed to lose Julian. We look better with him up front in my opinion. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave though because he wants to play.

Our issue is getting someone who’s happy to be sub every time haaland plays. Top strikers wont want that and we don’t want anyone who’s not a top striker. Catch 22. Unless Pep finds a way of evolving the formation to play 2 up front next season.
Unlikely. We are going for Bruno G, and we have enough world-class midfielders as it is to accommodate. More like false 9 and no striker if Alvarez was to leave. If he wanted to accommodate two strikers, we would have seen it by now with Julian and Erling. We tried that, but it didn't work.

I'd be very disappointed to lose Julian. We look better with him up front in my opinion. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave though because he wants to play.
Do you realise how much he played last season? He probably wanted a rest at times.

I'm not sure you do? He played the most games out of anyone. 54 out of 59 games after flying back from Argentina every other month the day before a game

You be unsure if you want to!
A lot of those appearances off the bench and others were in attacking midfield or wide. When Haaland was fit he invariably started up front.

On the list of players to leave he was always #1 for me.

Good player in a bad situation. He is not an all out striker or and all our attacking mid. And we have a top 3 player in the world at those 2 positions.

This means he'd be a permanent back up. Yet, he is not a good off the bench game changing type.

So he is really not a great fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.