19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Great news imo, £80m for someone who isn’t the standard we require. Mad money!

We won't buy a better squad forward than Alvarez.

Arguably the best back up striker in the world.

I think him playing in midfield has distorted the impression of how good he actually is in his preferred role, or would be, given a run of games.

The problem for him is that we have Erling Haaland.

We need to persuade him to stay.
I think we play better with him up front but accept Haaland is first choice.
I would be inclined to give him more game time, either to rest EH or replace him in the matches when EH disappears.

"who isn’t the standard we require."

2659 Minutes played this season our fifth highest performer.

Why do people come out with this crap?
I think the problem here is those minutes returned little very little (in regards to the players impact, not the team result)

Appearances stats are useless unless there's a direct correlation between the appearances and the player's impact on the game. Either way, 80m is brilliant business. Considering how much we got Haaland, I would bet money that there are 50m players out there who are as good if not better Alvarez.

I think the problem here is those minutes returned little very little (in regards to the players impact, not the team result)

Appearances stats are useless unless there's a direct correlation between the appearances and the player's impact on the game. Either way, 80m is brilliant business. Considering how much we got Haaland, I would bet money that there are 50m players out there who are as good if not better Alvarez.
So we have one of the finest coaches the game has ever seen giving these minutes to a player that gives little?

Is that what your saying?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.