19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Not good news at all...

I hope he stays, for the role he plays, he'll be hard to replace.

If he wants to move for more minutes, i can't see him going to RM or BM, he'd be in the same situation he's in here.
PSG maybe but why and i can't see him fitting in at AM.

He'd be better off staying with us, if Erling gets injured again we'll need him.

TBF if get 80m for him, that would be great business..

Kid has got abilities, but that "first touch" is still the issue and that's something he will never improve, considering the experience of Sterling and many others. Which means that year-by-year his price will reduce and also, unless we decide to downgrade after Haaland or something, he won't ever be the player ready for the starting 11..

Cause he won't ever be as good as Haaland or Aguero for the CF role.
And he won't ever be as good as KDB or Foden for N10 role..

So what's left ? Being a regular squad player, playing here and there, getting decent minutes and contributing a lot, but that's something replaceable (Gabriel Jesus, Mahrez, Sterling, Gundogan, etc.), we have easily replaced such players in the past. Well... maybe Doku isn't great than Mahrez, but Alvarez is better than Jesus, Guardiol is better than Laporte, Kovacic has contributed and replaced Gundogan on an OK level. Even though we lost Cancelo, Mahrez, Gundogan, Laporte, Fernandinho, Gabriel Jesus, Zinchenko and Sterling AKA squad players, we still managed to replace them so, that won a treble once and this year we also had that "treble run" and we failed not because of our bench strength, but because of the lack of luck..

So if he goes for 80m, I'm sure club will replace him. I don't know, maybe Oscar Bobb will get more minutes and prove that he is the player. He can play False9 and has played this season, he can be used as N10 and he can play RW. He is 21 this July and probably wants more game time, which ain't gonna happen if someone isn't sold and if I had to choose between Julian and Oscar, this year I would definitely choose Bobb, cause Bobb can be the next Foden and Julian I think has already shown his limits, capabilities, etc.

TBF if get 80m for him, that would be great business..

Kid has got abilities, but that "first touch" is still the issue and that's something he will never improve, considering the experience of Sterling and many others. Which means that year-by-year his price will reduce and also, unless we decide to downgrade after Haaland or something, he won't ever be the player ready for the starting 11..

Cause he won't ever be as good as Haaland or Aguero for the CF role.
And he won't ever be as good as KDB or Foden for N10 role..

So what's left ? Being a regular squad player, playing here and there, getting decent minutes and contributing a lot, but that's something replaceable (Gabriel Jesus, Mahrez, Sterling, Gundogan, etc.), we have easily replaced such players in the past. Well... maybe Doku isn't great than Mahrez, but Alvarez is better than Jesus, Guardiol is better than Laporte, Kovacic has contributed and replaced Gundogan on an OK level. Even though we lost Cancelo, Mahrez, Gundogan, Laporte, Fernandinho, Gabriel Jesus, Zinchenko and Sterling AKA squad players, we still managed to replace them so, that won a treble once and this year we also had that "treble run" and we failed not because of our bench strength, but because of the lack of luck..

So if he goes for 80m, I'm sure club will replace him. I don't know, maybe Oscar Bobb will get more minutes and prove that he is the player. He can play False9 and has played this season, he can be used as N10 and he can play RW. He is 21 this July and probably wants more game time, which ain't gonna happen if someone isn't sold and if I had to choose between Julian and Oscar, this year I would definitely choose Bobb, cause Bobb can be the next Foden and Julian I think has already shown his limits, capabilities, etc.

It's a rare day when a post on Blue Moon breaks my heart but I agree with it.

Think the last time was when were discussing Aguero leaving due to his knee.

Not good news at all...

Seems very unlikely Real would be interested as as they already have Vinicius, Rodrygo, now Mbappe and Endrick is a year older.

Furthermore at Bayern he would be in a similar situation, behind Kane in the pecking order, as he is here.

Based on that I would be doubtful of the interest of the rest of the clubs named and potential fee being at all accurate.

Seems very unlikely Real would be interested as as they already have Vinicius, Rodrygo, now Mbappe and Endrick is a year older.

Furthermore at Bayern he would be in a similar situation, behind Kane in the pecking order, as he is here.

Based on that I would be doubtful of the interest of the rest of the clubs named and potential fee being at all accurate.
I can see PSG being interested, but that's about it. Maybe Atletico Madrid as well. We shouldn't sell for any less, though. If Bruno is a 100m player when we're buying, Julian is at least worth 80m.

Can understand why he wants to go - he arrived as one of the best young #9s in world football and has found himself shoehorned into a utility man role; I can see Barcelona and Atletico being the two primary suitors for him, given their needs up front. I’d personally loan him to Atletico for the season with Felix coming back in exchange on a similar deal - provides us with cover for a few attacking roles , and gives Julian a full season as the main striker at a top European club to rediscover his top form and further develop.

Comes back next summer to a new manager who might want to use him correctly, plus Haaland will probably want to make Alfie some more agent fees by then so he could be the ready made replacement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.