19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He always looked to be a bit on the fringes in a lot of the official club output last season.
Maybe he’s a bit shy or not one for being a Billy big bollocks straight off.
He seems to be learning English to a decent standard.
This season he is coming on in leaps and bounds. I always felt we had made a fantastic buy when we got him lovely to see we did .
All the headlines for Erling have allowed him to just adjust to a new club, country and so in without constant scrutiny. To say he’s grasped his chance would be an understatement.

Love watching him and Haaland work their bollocks off for each other. At the start of the season they were taking up each other's spaces and now, mostly I think to Alvarez(?), they're both taking up such dangerous options and working together the work out the problem in front of them. Sometimes he's ahead of him, sometimes he's dropping back. It's like we've combined the dangers of the false 9 system with the dangers of the Haaland 9 system. Must be a fucking nightmare to defend against.

Love watching him and Haaland work their bollocks off for each other. At the start of the season they were taking up each other's spaces and now, mostly I think to Alvarez(?), they're both taking up such dangerous options and working together the work out the problem in front of them. Sometimes he's ahead of him, sometimes he's dropping back. It's like we've combined the dangers of the false 9 system with the dangers of the Haaland 9 system. Must be a fucking nightmare to defend against.
I was fearing that he and Haaland didnt appear to gel when both on the pitch at the same time....thought perhaps we needed one or the other at any time.....im glad to have been proven wrong!

He's going have a monster season! Also, his success with us will also attract more Argentinian talents to us like Barco which is great to see!

The awareness/quick thinking for the pass to Bernie to set up the third goal for Erling. Always driving the team forward. What a sight to behold...
A proper player.
Ditto the pass for the first goal.

Ridiculously good, but also ridiculously fit - he was buzzing about everywhere but when Foden went off who looked knackered, he passed Alvarez on the way who looked like he'd been chilling all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.