19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Things happen when he's on the pitch. Incredibly dynamic and aside from kdb, has the best link up with haaland, theyre both on thr same wavelength which benefits both.

Really unlucky to have a superb goal ruled out. Impossible to leave out the big games
Can they play together when he gets back?

Alvarez and KDB in front of Rodri would be a scary proposition for any side. Goals and assists galore.

Can they play together when he gets back?

Alvarez and KDB in front of Rodri would be a scary proposition for any side. Goals and assists galore.
I'm not sure they can. At least not with them both as effectively the 10 behind haaland as they have predominantly been playing. They'd both have to drop a little deeper to accommodate each other in that role which then lessens both of their effectiveness if theyre not as close to haaland.

We've seen kdb play deeper before and alvarez has the tenacity to do it so they can certainly play together, its just going to need some role adjusting if they are, we cant have last years kdb and this seasons alvarez as theyre playing the same solo role. I think you'd have to see one of them, likely alvarez start as a nominal wide player who will then drift central to get them both in the side regularly with haaland. A wonder problem to have if we can get everyone fit

First time I’ve seen him have an aura about him. Always been the humble, hard working type. But something felt different yesterday despite it being a brief cameo. Like he knows he’s one of the top players right now in the world’s best team versus somebody trying to prove he belongs in it. There was a swagger, more assurance in his first touch and crucially, a bit slower and more measured with the ball vs 100 MPH at all times. I found it fascinating given the comments from the city camp earlier in the day… almost likely they’ve seen this level up switch just turned on overnight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.