19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is much more than he demostrated in City up to now, and I don't think it has anything to do with the position he plays. Here in River he played as a second striker a ton and had great games.

In that position he was a dribbling devil and a had a lot of through balls for us, whereas in City I haven't seen that yet. It's almost as if he's playing it too safe, not wanting to turn the ball over. He doesn't risk going one on one, or trying to thread the needle with a pass that breaks the line. I don't know if it is because of Pep's style of play or because he's not 100% confident yet.

Still, all in all, I think he's doing quite allright for a guy that isn't a certain starter and has only 1 year of experience in European football: he presses like nobody, helps in all the areas of the pitch, links up well with his teammates and has machine-like efficiency with his finishing (outside of the last game, which is the worst game I've ever seen of Julian in front of goal, and I've seen every Julian game as a professional).
These last two games are more like the player I know he is. Clearly getting all these starts in a row gave him the confidence to feel like he belongs.

These last two games are more like the player I know he is. Clearly getting all these starts in a row gave him the confidence to feel like he belongs.
He is really starting to look a player. Made far less errors in last couple of games. His attacking contribution today was excellent but he still managed to make the joint most tackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.