19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, that's not true, he played pretty generally well against top teams, he even scored some goals and dished some assists.
This season? In the number 8 role? I can only recall vs Newcastle. Againts Arse, Chels, Pool he was poor for me. Good player but I dont think he can consistently play the number 8 role. Foden deserves a chance to play that posistion especially in home games.

People calling him not good enough for us because he had a subpar game (or a few) are having a laugh. He has been critical for us this season (and last season) and is literally among the best young players in the world. He has played way too much football and is clearly tired. He needs an extended rest (a couple of weeks), IMO. We can't afford to give it to him, though. Hopefully, he will rest on Tuesday.

Nowhere near his best today and there could have been no complaints if he had been subbed (I thought Lewis maybe to add some bite in midfield).

That said he has LOADS in the bank already and he is an amazing buy. Great attitude, works his bollocks off even when it's not happening for him, as was the case today.

People calling him not good enough for us because he had a subpar game (or a few) are having a laugh. He has been critical for us this season (and last season) and is literally among the best young players in the world. He has played way too much football and is clearly tired. He needs an extended rest (a couple of weeks), IMO. We can't afford to give it to him, though. Hopefully, he will rest on Tuesday.

I agree. Clearly tired.

He was absolutely horrible today, though improved in the last half hour tbf
Would take him out for a few games, not only to give him a long overdue rest (probably his first for three years) but also to get an extra body into midfield
Shoehorning into the team has left us irresponsibly light back there and it shows
At the moment, if he doesn’t score then he’s a passenger. He looks sluggish and hasn’t even been pressing in recent games which is pretty much his USP

This season? In the number 8 role? I can only recall vs Newcastle. Againts Arse, Chels, Pool he was poor for me. Good player but I dont think he can consistently play the number 8 role. Foden deserves a chance to play that posistion especially in home games.
He's playing behind haaland, his position is No.10, not No.8 (Foden is playing on the right side). I think that Julian's having some confidence issues, specially because he hasn't been scoring the past month (just like in the Argentina national squad), it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.