19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is still too young and immature to be playing regularly for this City team, especially in the big games.

Lacks a number of things and was the biggest liability for me today and against Chelsea.

One thing is to be a good / decent squad player, contributing a lot and etc. but another thing is to be regular player, which has its responsibilities and duties.

And I think Julian isn't ready for and there is nothing terrible about that. Still 23 years old, a lot of years ahead, it's not like that easy to be up to the standards for the best team in the world.

When KDB returns, he will switch to the bench anyway, but my point is, that even till KDB returns, we have better, more mature options..

Foden Bernardo Kovacic Doku
Haaland

for example

or
Doku Bernardo Grealish
Haaland Foden

and there can be many variations...

Point is that, he shouldn't be that guaranteed to be playing regularly, even though KDB is injured. Cause numbers aint that good.

PS And that fucking first touch. Needs to be improved. Very unconvincing first touch for a City player.

He had a poor first half but did improve, although still wasted a very good chance.

He shouldn’t have been starting today after his travels across the Atlantic but lack of players necessitated him starting.

He is a talented player who is on an upward trajectory long term but he is not yet one of our best XI is all are fit and in form.

I just think that double strikers format does not work and the oppositions find us out now.

Does not deserve to be starting for me. I’d rather leave haaland up top & have another midfielder playing alongside Rodri
Seems pretty clear that there was some validity to the rumors of Alvarez wanting more playing time in the summer. He started the season brilliantly and was due a bit of a dip but it still stands that if Phil or Palmer were playing as he has over the last month, they'd have been benched a long time ago.

To all those saying he needs a rest, which I agree with, he wasn’t supposed to be starting today until Jack came down with an illness at the last minute. So looks like Pep agreed with a lot of us

The lad is living off being part of a World Cup winning team. He's got no hope of playing his normal game as long as Pep keeps shoehorning him into an unnatural position.
He'll probably be surplus to requirements when KDB returns, and will be moved on at the first big offer in the summer.
Just another expendable profit making import on the Bergiristain conveyor belt, like Jesus.

No idea of his best position and I don't think Pep knows either. Needs to play up top on his own if Erling is ever out, but he won't weigh in with many goals, that's the problem. I put yesterday's poor performance down to him not getting back here until Thursday afternoon, zero time to train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.