19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was arguably our best player at the start of the season but his form over the past 4-5 weeks is nowhere near. I don't doubt his ability.

I wonder if being a regular starter this season has made him a bit less hungry. He started the season like he wanted to prove a point and was playing great. Maybe he got too comfortable and needs to earn his place again.

Not that he doesn't work hard on the pitch, he always does, but there's a difference between putting in a shift and being fired up to show you belong in the team.

Bit harsh!

Had a few bad touches and blazed a left (wrong) footer over, but his work rate is first class and he helps slow down offensive movements that allow us to get into defensive shape. He also does a lot of link up play, dropping in and pulling defenders around.

That said, he didn’t have a great game on Sat am, after one of the biggest games of his season (Brazil vs Argentina, which he won!) about 5,000 miles away and then traveling back to Manc days before an early show!

I don’t disagree that he is a CFG profit purchase, but for what we paid for him, he’s been a revelation.

I don’t get the Alvarez love in.

I think he brings some skills to the table. But I do think he is say, Spurs standard and not our level.

I maintain he won’t be with us in 2 years.

He has to offer more if he is going to be our second striker.

I wrote the above post in August when he was getting overly praised.…

Hope he proves me wrong but he isn’t top level and that’s what you have to be to play for us.

I wrote the above post in August when he was getting overly praised.…

Hope he proves me wrong but he isn’t top level and that’s what you have to be to play for us.
He has shown on many occasions that he’s top level but it’s inconsistent as it stands. His work rate is still exceptional every week but he’s not been great with the ball recently. I’ve no doubts at all it won’t be long before he’s getting praise again because he’s a top player.

Top player and like most Argentine players his work rate is tremendous. He is a prize asset to our squad. He would have been tired yesterday with all that travelling but still got through a full match and yes, should have put that chance away from a brilliant move, it was however on his weaker foot. Had Grealish been fit he may have been a sub yesterday but still, what a player to have.

He was arguably our best player at the start of the season but his form over the past 4-5 weeks is nowhere near. I don't doubt his ability.

I wonder if being a regular starter this season has made him a bit less hungry. He started the season like he wanted to prove a point and was playing great. Maybe he got too comfortable and needs to earn his place again.

Not that he doesn't work hard on the pitch, he always does, but there's a difference between putting in a shift and being fired up to show you belong in the team.
He has been away multiple times for the argies and is rushed in because there is nobody else , he is not a fucking machine

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 16.34.15.png

He needs to see the goalkeeper's positioning in the half second before he shoots. Alison basically leaves 70 percent of the goal here empty, but Alvarez still aims at the far post instead of the near post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.