19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him but he needs a few sub appearances. Lots of running around but a bit lost at the minute.

Mixed bag. Some of the times he dropped deep and really helped us get through the lines but when foden or Bernardo was picking it up in those pockets he wasn't making the forward runs needed to create a chance. He's barely played as a 9 for us though so probably expected that he might not be on the same wavelength.

Winning goal was all him. Pressed with genuine intent to win the ball, stuck his face in the way to win it then lays it on a plate for grealish to finish.

Can't be unhappy with his input even if there was things to improve on.

I’m not sure I agree that he laid it on a plate for Grealish. I thought it was a badly executed pass and he was looking for Bernardo but the defender inexplicably let it run. He did win the ball though and made a good run for foden.

Got an assist, so can't complain about that, although I think he was a bit fortunate the defender made a dogs dinner of it too. I'd be raging if Dias let that cross go by him like that. But Alvarez did work hard to even get the whole move started too.

I still think his overall play has been fairly poor for a month or so now and I'd like to see Foden in the 10 position when Erling is back.

I like Alvarez but I don't think a few sub appearances would do him any harm to get him hungry to prove a point.

Square peg in a round hole. He’s getting assists and some goals but having him in there could cost us the title.

Reminds me of when Pep removed Fernandinho from DM and played him as a CB and we looked awful.

Doesn’t fit the position he’s been played in at all. For now.

Needs to see the bench people can talk about stats all they want he disrupts us so much

Did brilliantly to make sure he didn’t handball it in the lead up to the second/winner.

I’d have taken him off at half time but he showed why he gets kept on, usually produces at least one moment a match. Shows how much I know!

50FD5FD3-CF3F-4CDB-9CF9-2AD0597ADA61.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.