19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Square peg in a round hole. He’s getting assists and some goals but having him in there could cost us the title.

Reminds me of when Pep removed Fernandinho from DM and played him as a CB and we looked awful.

Doesn’t fit the position he’s been played in at all. For now.
Phil is being wasted on the wings. Shift Alvarez there and get Phil to play through the midfield.

Phil is being wasted on the wings. Shift Alvarez there and get Phil to play through the midfield.
As great as Phil has been on the wings, I think that like him, Alvarez may not have the pace/strength to beat fullbacks consistently. Bernardo is sort of the exception to this due to his incredible control, or rather ability in general.

I completely agree that Phil has to be central though. His spacial awareness in the half spaces combined with his ability to get his shot off is completely wasted on the wing. As great a signing as Alvarez has been, I'm surprised and somewhat disappointed he's not being made to pay his dues more by Pep in the same way Phil was for years. By the time KDB gets back, Phil will almost undoubtedly be sent back to the wing.

I don't get his role today. He's supposed to be our main striker, but he's playing like a false nine. I haven't seen any of the sort of runs I'd expect from a number 9.

Completely trapped between the overpopulation of players from both teams, the only service he ever got was when he moved in a deeper position, and always facing his back to the goal. He's not playing well but this is on the whole team, not just him.

He looked completely dead out there considering he didn't even play midweek. I like him, but Jesus was the much more effective player at his age for us.

Completely trapped between the overpopulation of players from both teams, the only service he ever got was when he moved in a deeper position, and always facing his back to the goal. He's not playing well but this is on the whole team, not just him.
But what runs did he make? I saw nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.