Re: De Jong injury to Ben Arfa

CFCnibs said:
Must admit when I first saw it, it didn't look too bad a tackle - not compared to many you see.

But De Jong is making a bit of a name for himself and he could do with keeping out of the spot light for a bit. Otherwise he's gonna either get a serious suspension or someone will give him a dose of his own medicine and take him out. There's always someone dirtier or harder just around the corner.....

i would love to see someone try.

seriously though, footballs a contact sport, ball was there to be won and ben arfa will now be paid thousands and thousands to sit on his arse playing fifa for a few months

I' ve just watched that tackle several times in slow-mo and real time. The ball was there to be won. DJ actuall turns slightly and comes in from the side. If he'd wanted to take the player out he'd surely have gone in straight with studs up.

Fair tackle for me.

thought "ouch" at the time, though didn't think it was a foul.

Having watched replays I still think the ball was there to be won.

VERY unfortunate for the chap that he broke his leg - but as has (I am sure) been said a million times on here this morning, these things sometimes happen.

Was not malicious, no intent to hurt (IMHO) so lets just move on.

I snapped my cruciate playing footy, in a tackle, fair and reasonable and I knew there was no malicious intent.

You only have to look at the reaction of everyone at the time - nobody thought that was NDJ's intention.

I wish the guy a speedy recovery - but next thread, please...

Ill repeat what I said earlier for the kids demanding action.

If De Jong had went in and Ben Arfa had gotten right back up and chased the ball, NOONE would be complaining right now. In fact some of the ones wanting a suspension would be setting up a Nige shrine and cracking one out over him. The simple truth is that people have over-reacted to the fact his leg broke.

Its a mixture of De Jong's reputation, the consequence of the challenge and people acting like knobs that have made this such a big deal. In fact, its rather pathetic.

razinho said:

If De Jong had went in and Ben Arfa had gotten right back up and chased the ball, NOONE would be complaining right now. In fact some of the ones wanting a suspension would be setting up a Nige shrine and cracking one out over him. The simple truth is that people have over-reacted to the fact his leg broke.

Its a mixture of De Jong's reputation, the consequence of the challenge and people acting like knobs that have made this such a big deal. In fact, its rather pathetic.

Well said raz, it's like fecking Radio2 on here somedays.

HellasLEAF said:
Sam Eto's P45 said:
Being a cock????

how am I being a cock. I'm talking about that tackle, why not make a real statement, instead of just calling people pussies when talking about tackles. I'm sorry, I don't care that he's a City player, I call it like I see it. De Jong went clean through his standing leg full force. He's not stupid, he tackles for a living he knew he would cause injury there and didn't care. it was reckless, that player's leg is completely messed up and is out for 6 months. what if that was David Silva?? I would be furious and demanding action against their player.

that's my opinion, I don't care if you agree or not.

Mate.

Your a dick head. How can you say that NDJ went out to hurt him?

It was a fair tackle he won the ball got some of the man and it wasnt even a free kick for fuck sake.

razinho said:

Its a mixture of De Jong's reputation
=============================
Absolutely spot on..... Plus the fact that people/journo's are reminding everybody of the Holden tackle & The Alonso Kung Fu kick.

I see it the same way as Chris Houghton... not malicious, not a foul... but unnecessary...

There will be an agenda against NDJ now; and I fear he is one mistimed tackle away from a red card, resulting in a suspension.

levets said:
razinho said:

Its a mixture of De Jong's reputation
=============================
Absolutely spot on..... Plus the fact that people/journo's are reminding everybody of the Holden tackle & The Alonso Kung Fu kick.

I see it the same way as Chris Houghton... not malicious, not a foul... but unnecessary...

There will be an agenda against NDJ now; and I fear he is one mistimed tackle away from a red card, resulting in a suspension.
Which is shown in the tone of this article in The Express newspaper this morning.
NIGEL De Jong, the player who disfigured the World Cup final with his chest-high tackle on Xabi Alonso, was at the centre of a fresh storm as Hatem Ben Arfa was ruled out for the season.
It then goes on to say
De Jong was accused of making a “needless” tackle by furious Newcastle manager Chris Hughton. A visibly upset Hughton was clearly reining in his true feelings afterwards when he said: “I’m sure everyone will have their own opinions and it will be shown numerous times. But it was a tackle that didn’t need to be made.
First of all I saw the interview and in no way could he be described a "furious" when mentioning that tackle. And how do they know he was "reining in his true feelings"? Just because he didn't slag off De Jong like they wanted to hear?

This is how the express describe the tackle.
De Jong launched into a sliding tackle on the saturated turf with his trailing leg catching Ben Arfa’s standing leg in a scissor movement
Scissor movement? That's just making shit up.

It then goes on to quote Stan Collymore on his radio show.
Stan Collymore, now a radio pundit, said: “The tackle was as nasty as it could be. De Jong wrapped his legs round him and broke his leg. We should get rid of players like that.”
The article then ends with this summary of De Jong.
De Jong, an amateur kickboxer in his youth, earned the nickname ‘the Lawnmower’ in his Hamburg days for his ability clear up everything in front of him.
That was underlined in Johannesburg in July when he planted his boot into Alonso’s chest, a challenge that World Cup final ref Howard Webb has since admitted should have earned a red rather than yellow card.

Not read all the last 30 pages so sorry if this point has already been made but after the tackle I felt NDJ was a shadow of his normal self and only recall him making one more tackle in the entire game, for that reason I cannot see this being anything more than just accidental.

speedy recovery to the lad thou.

and to the OP, obviously you started this thread just looking for an argument, next time don't dress it up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.