Re: De Jong injury to Ben Arfa

Super David Silva said:
Newcastle full-back Jose Enrique feels Nigel de Jong should be banned for breaking Hatem Ben Arfa's leg.

The Manchester City midfielder clattered into the Magpies winger during Sunday's meeting at Eastlands.

The crunching tackle left Ben Arfa with a double fracture and he is expected to be sidelined until at least March 2011.

De Jong was not even booked at the time of the incident, but has been dropped by the Dutch national side as a result of his actions.

Newcastle have already approached the Football Association asking them to review the challenge and make a decision on whether a suspension is warranted.

The authorities have agreed to look into the matter, with an FA spokesman saying: "We will consider the contents of the letter."

Spanish defender Enrique hopes action will be taken, as he feels De Jong deserves to be put out of action for as long as Ben Arfa.
Hideous

He said in Marca: "It was a hideous tackle by De Jong. He's one of those players who goes for the kill in every challenge. I hope they ban him for the five or six months that Ben Arfa will be out injured.

"It is not the first time he has seriously injured another player.

"He did something similar last season (to Stuart Holden during an international fixture against USA) and we all know about the boot in Xabi Alonso's chest at the World Cup.

"It was a senseless kick, in the fourth minute of the game. The referee did not even blow for a foul and De Jong continued dishing out kicks to our players all afternoon.

"We are now left with just two wingers until the transfer window reopens in January. If that had been Wayne Rooney instead of Ben Arfa, they would punish De Jong and make an example of him.

"It strikes me as a very good thing that he has not been called up to play for Holland.

"As far as I know he did not even come to our dressing-room afterwards to say sorry."

Jose Enrique = Wanker

Stuart Brennan in the MEN.....

People can talk about two-footed tackles all day, but I have yet to see any footballer able to make a wholly one-footed challenge. Maybe Long John Silver and Heather Mills McCartney could do it, but I doubt even Liverpool would think of signing that midfield duo.

Now that is funny!

This tackle is just been blown way out of proportion...It was just an unfortunate incident that resulted in Ben Arfa breaking his leg there was no intent from De Jong what so ever.

As for Chris Hughton I now think he really is a complete and utter w*nker, Before he goes sending letters off informing the FA about Nigel De Jong he would seriously want to take a look at some off the tackles his players like Alan Smith, Nicky Butt ect have been putting in last season and compare them to the De Jong tackle.

Hughton=Hypocrite.

I missed that because my plane was late in from a stag doo, but I heard the break from the airport

HellasLEAF said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QziGyPORRxQ

here is the clip. watch it again.

I want someone to explain to me what De Jong is doing with his right leg. Why he has decided to follow clean through in this manner.

This kind of tackle has no place in football.

I don't think De Jong meant to break his leg. What people don't understand is, that it doesn't matter in the end. In the end, he did. Because quite frankly, I'm not quite sure if De Jong knows how to tackle properly.

The reason De Jong should be suspended is because of his right leg follow through and the 'way he jumped in.' Going in the way he did, at that angle, at the force, the only result was an injury. De Jong has 2 legs. And he is responsible for BOTH OF THEM in a challenge. Just because he got the ball with this left, doesn't mean he is not accountable for his right. His body, his right leg and his quick decision to jump in caused a major injury. People need to get that through their heads. De Jong must learn from this and use better judgement in the future.

It's the momentum of his knee that causes the injury - the follow through of his right leg is irrelevant, the damage was already done

And let's not forget it had been absolutely pissing down for hours at this point...

Not that any excuses need to be made for a perfectly executed, totally clean tackle.

I dont know if this has been mentioned but the idea of NDJ is too battle everyone and tackle anything that moves

SOOOOOO now he will be a marked man by refs due to what has happened and the ridiculous media uproar since does this make him basically pointless as he doesnt really do anything else

the ref didnt even give a foul ! never mind book him !! it was his knee that hit him . so wot do u do with ur other leg take it off ??? i dont think so !!!!

HellasLEAF said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QziGyPORRxQ

here is the clip. watch it again.

I want someone to explain to me what De Jong is doing with his right leg. Why he has decided to follow clean through in this manner.

This kind of tackle has no place in football.

I don't think De Jong meant to break his leg. What people don't understand is, that it doesn't matter in the end. In the end, he did. Because quite frankly, I'm not quite sure if De Jong knows how to tackle properly.

The reason De Jong should be suspended is because of his right leg follow through and the 'way he jumped in.' Going in the way he did, at that angle, at the force, the only result was an injury. De Jong has 2 legs. And he is responsible for BOTH OF THEM in a challenge. Just because he got the ball with this left, doesn't mean he is not accountable for his right. His body, his right leg and his quick decision to jump in caused a major injury. People need to get that through their heads. De Jong must learn from this and use better judgement in the future.

One word. Momentum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.