1st or 2nd in Premiership and another piece of siliverware

Lets not forget we are holders of the FA Cup..and doing Trafford in consecutive yrs only to go on and win it would be a nice nod to Bernstein, twattin the scousers and collecting a domestic double whilst running Trafford nail bitingly close (leave 'em wanting more) would suffice for me. The title and FA cup double along with champions league ko stage can wait another yr. Let the vermin suffer.....slowly.

Its a tough one because before the season started I would've been happy with CL knock out stages and a title challenge but didn't fancy us to win it.

Although we went out of the CL, our league for has been miles better than expected and has raised expectations throughout the club/fans/media.

I agree that we need to win the title and thats our main target, but barring a huge collapse and say finishing 3rd/4th then I wouldn't get rid of Mancini if we didn't win it as long as we were fully involded in a title run-in and finished a close second. We may have the best squad in the league but one thing, as a club, we lack is experience. That counts for the fans too as we are more likely to panic if we have consecutive bad results whereas United/Chelsea know to keep calm as there is a long way to go. (just see the panic on here afrer the West Brom game)

At beginning of the season I would of been WELL happy with top 4 and another trophie I'm still in that thinking now........;-)

For all those saying only the title will do.

If we dont win it and dont win anything, would you then say Mancini should be sacked?

I wouldn't as I have seen progress but surely if only the title will do then he will have failed

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
For all those saying only the title will do.

If we dont win it and dont win anything, would you then say Mancini should be sacked?

I wouldn't as I have seen progress but surely if only the title will do then he will have failed

In a word, no. He shouldn't be sacked as long as the team continues to progress, which we clearly are.

Depends how you look at it. I believed 3 years ago when we finished 5th that one league position increase year on year should be considered progress. Since were bettering that rate and seem on course to do so again this year, I cant really see how people could complain.

However, the chance is there for us to push on and actually finish Champions this year, it would be disappointing (not disastrous) if we didnt seize the opportunity. If we dont manage it we just need to be patient, sooner or later we'll get there.

Off course I want the title! but, and this could happen, we finish 2nd or 3rd and win nothing we'll be a bit pissed but we don't want any knee jerk reaction Regarding Mancini because I'll still be 100% behind him as manger

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.