2 guys on the floor near Mary Dees

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Ducado said:
I keep meaning to ask London football confuses me

Where about in London do Chelsea draw their support from? I can work out Arsenal and Spuds (North) West Ham (East End) Palace (South)

South West London. There's a Chelsea shop in Kingston. Also Sutton, Putney, Worcester Park, New Malden, Wimbledon and out into the Home Counties are all Chelsea territory......

Have some friends down in Surrey, all Chelsea fans..

Hopefuly the two guys are ok. Always gna get trouble after a game ESP when lads have been drinking all day and the rest... To blame mourinho for what he's been saying in the week is crazy its football it's a part of him and what he does. Makes the game more exciting for me and we won :).

Corky said:
Ducado said:

Where about in London do Chelsea draw their support from? I can work out Arsenal and Spuds (North) West Ham (East End) Palace (South)

Surrey mainly.

Chelsea play in Hammersmith and Fulham, just like QPR and Fulham - support in London comes from surrounding counties it would seem more than London itself.

A lot from the SW Post codes pal. Our main fan base historically came from Battersea, Balham, Streatham, Tooting and places heading towards Wimbledon. Now there's a lot which are from out of town as a lot of Londoners have moved further out - rarest thing you see in London is a true Londoner nowadays. I'm from Tooting originally but now live in the Peak District, so I do more away days than home games.

I got the irony of One Step Beyond, it made me laugh tbh. I can see how it wound some of my lot up though.

On the comments of Chelsea fans giving it large outside of the ground it cuts both ways....personally I keep my head down and have long since learned to ensure the banter is kept to being banter. I had my 16 year old son and two of his mates with me so safety is the top priority. On the walk back to Piccadilly there were a group of ours singing old songs that they knew nothing about, 'cos they're all too young. Your lot didn't react too much but it did feel like it could've kicked off at any point. Fortunately it remained at name calling from what I saw...

Ducado said:

Surrey, if the trains down here are anything to go by.

I actually spoke to a few on the way back from wembley last year. Seemed sound to me. None had a bad word to say about city, the aggression surprises me

S04 said:
Basically they got the same turf as QPR then?

Surprisingly yes, there is a lot of Chelsea and QPR in the London boroughs of Ealing, hillingdon, Harrow, Hounslow. Some of these peoples parents and grandparents would have been from more central london districts like Hammersmith, Fulham etc. However due to a combination of slum clearance, white flight (racism), and the unaffordable cost of central London housing, they have migrated to the burbs. Other chelsea areas include Sutton and Carshalton, and then Merton (i believe). They do have a lot of fans on the M40 and M4 corridors outside the Greater London connurbation.
I know pockets of Chelsea in Kilburn, West Hampstead and Camden areas, non of which fit the racist stereotype, however some show affluent wide boy mannerisms. They have always had a bounce in their step Chelsea lads, or at least certain ones.
They have no way the number of supporters as Arsenal and Spurs in London (from my experience of over 20 years in the city-mainly on the north side). I'd wager there are less people in Greater london who affliate themselves with Chelsea than both sets of red vermin.
Chelsea will always have its shameful nf and combat 18 past, and thus the consequences of that reputation, however ever year i go to Stamford bridge i see a few more non white faces, but then i also see a match day crowd that bears little resemblence to the Chelsea of the 80's and early 90's.

mancityvstoke said:
Before the game there were a few young cops stopping City fans walking past the Chelsea fans (near the new building boards that have been erected at the South stand.)

One was directing City fans to walk all the way back round the ground instead of on to Ashton New Road. I tried to explain the error to be told that his bosses who are paid a lot more than him told him to do it.

I said that sounded a bit like Hillsborough speak to me. Bosses ain't always right.

But they're always da bosses.

blueballoon said:
S04 said:
Basically they got the same turf as QPR then?

Surprisingly yes, there is a lot of Chelsea and QPR in the London boroughs of Ealing, hillingdon, Harrow, Hounslow. Some of these peoples parents and grandparents would have been from more central london districts like Hammersmith, Fulham etc. However due to a combination of slum clearance, white flight (racism), and the unaffordable cost of central London housing, they have migrated to the burbs. Other chelsea areas include Sutton and Carshalton, and then Merton (i believe). They do have a lot of fans on the M40 and M4 corridors outside the Greater London connurbation.
I know pockets of Chelsea in Kilburn, West Hampstead and Camden areas, non of which fit the racist stereotype, however some show affluent wide boy mannerisms. They have always had a bounce in their step Chelsea lads, or at least certain ones.
They have no way the number of supporters as Arsenal and Spurs in London (from my experience of over 20 years in the city-mainly on the north side). I'd wager there are less people in Greater london who affliate themselves with Chelsea than both sets of red vermin.
Chelsea will always have its shameful nf and combat 18 past, and thus the consequences of that reputation, however ever year i go to Stamford bridge i see a few more non white faces, but then i also see a match day crowd that bears little resemblence to the Chelsea of the 80's and early 90's.

That seems a fair account of The Chels....

And will always be the first in London to win the European Cup.....not bad for a small pony ;)

Ducado said:

They draw support from all over the south maybe with the exception of Essex which is West Ham, Tottenham and a few Arse............I live in Kent now and there are loads from all over - probably having something to do with there being no big club here; nearest is Gillingham and then Charlton and Millwall who have support from Kent.

Think a lot of their support from further afield such as Kent and to the north of London is ' new ' ( Abramovich era ) support. They are scumbags though - came back to Kent with some of them after we lost 2 - 0 a couple of years ago and they were giving it the big one - think one of our players feigned a dive and this Chelsea bloke was slagging him off to which I replied ' he must of learned from Drogba ' which he didn't like...........mouthy twat, he was.......

Whenever we play them at Stamford Bridge there are always loads on the train...........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.