2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The airing of your dirty laundry in the fucking Sun newspaper is nearly as disappointing as his actions that led to him being where he is.
Blessed with unbelievable speed and athleticism but not a brain cell to go with it.

I agree, he might be a despicable boyfriend/husband, but he's paid to play football, and that's all I care about.

If people didn't read/pay for that newspaper it wouldn't exist, and that would be for the better.
interesting to see whether the posters saying this sort of thing were also saying it didn't matter about cakegate as long as YaYa performed on the pitch?
That aside, I would normally agree that off the pitch marital affairs should not unduly bother us as fans. However, in Kyle's case (and I've always been a big fan of his on the whole) I do not think he should be our captain right now. His poor behaviour (and I think we and society are entitled to have a view on this given it is all out in public) has been over a prolonged period and he's clearly acted in a bad way. It's not a god example to set and one can only inevitable compare to captains such as Gundogan, Kompany, Doyle and even Tony Book.
It's debateable whether the issues are affecting performance because he's always been prone to the odd lapse or so but this season he clearly as not been at his best but as we get to the business send of the season where EVERY game counts even if it is not affecting him at all right now then I feel it's too big a risk to be wondering if it will affect his form or not from game to game.

For the captaincy, a good team will sort that out on its own. Internally. If he starts to be standing in the way of team success, they'll tell him soon enough.

Pep didn't want to comment on player's private life and also said captaincy is a team decision, not his.

Walker was literally caught fucking around during COVID and not too long ago exposed himself in public but now all of a sudden he's an issue because he's done an interview.
I really dont think it’s ”all of a sudden”. He has been misbehaving for a long time and I remember posting on here several months ago that The Sun newspaper clearly has Kyle in their crosshairs and that he would de very well to keep his head down for a while.He just couldn’t do it could he? I dont know him personally but I do know a number of men who can’t keep it in their pants and they all share poor judgement and a lack of common sense.
Personally I think he should‘nt be the captain but only because I don’t think he demonstrates leadership qualities on the pitch. I think the captain should be Dias, Rodri or KDB, all of whom do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.