2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

You're making more silly statements. No probs with you praising Walker, but your hyperbole is off the scale
"Off the scale"? What on earth are you talking about? Do you have some kind of agenda against Walker?

Which other right-backs in City's history have won five Premier League titles, two FA Cups, four League Cups, two Community Shields, the Club World Cup and Super Cups? Which other right-backs have been part of a Centurions team, a domestic treble-winning team, a European treble-winning team? How many other City right-backs have been a 3x Premier League Team of the Year nominee and a FIFPro World XI nominee, with over 80 caps for England and a representative at four major tournaments?

It's fair enough to make the claim that, among the right-backs to have played for City, Walker is among the very greatest of them all, and that he is likely the very best of anyone to occupy that position in a blue shirt. He's at least in the conversation. How is that hyperbolic to suggest? You also have to factor in that the ability of footballers now compared to our last successful period (1968-1976) is considerably higher. But even relatively speaking, Walker has reached the very top of the sport. The only thing he's not won is a major international trophy but he has played in a major final - more than most City right-backs ever have.

"Hyperbole". Give me strength.

Can't wait for the big matches when Walker has the creme de la creme of European left wingers in his pocket. Humble pies at the ready, buggers! ;)

The near 34-yo man has played 2nd most minutes this season after Phil, and I for my part am grateful to have such a phenomenal physicality at RB. He makes mistakes here and there? Yeah, who doesn't?

I've said it before, but if he was an academy prospect, there's zero chance he'd still be starting, given his performances this season.
But he's not an academy prospect. He's one of our most decorated-ever players and captains the team most weeks. He has a LOT of credit in the bank and has come out of spells of poor form before

The academy argument doesn't really make any sense. If you hear a debut single from a new band and it's not good, you probably have some doubts as to whether they're a good band or not. It's all you have to go on. Maybe they'll get better, maybe they won't

If a band with five stellar LPs releases a subpar single, you know they're still a good band. Maybe they're on the decline, but you know what they are capable of. So of course they would be held to a different standard to a band that has proven nothing so far in their career

"Off the scale"? What on earth are you talking about? Do you have some kind of agenda against Walker?

Which other right-backs in City's history have won five Premier League titles, two FA Cups, four League Cups, two Community Shields, the Club World Cup and Super Cups? Which other right-backs have been part of a Centurions team, a domestic treble-winning team, a European treble-winning team? How many other City right-backs have been a 3x Premier League Team of the Year nominee and a FIFPro World XI nominee, with over 80 caps for England and a representative at four major tournaments?

It's fair enough to make the claim that, among the right-backs to have played for City, Walker is among the very greatest of them all, and that he is likely the very best of anyone to occupy that position in a blue shirt. He's at least in the conversation. How is that hyperbolic to suggest? You also have to factor in that the ability of footballers now compared to our last successful period (1968-1976) is considerably higher. But even relatively speaking, Walker has reached the very top of the sport. The only thing he's not won is a major international trophy but he has played in a major final - more than most City right-backs ever have.

"Hyperbole". Give me strength.
It's hyperbole to suggest he is the best ever to have played RB in our history based when you have only seen a fraction of them play.

It's hyperbole to say no other RB in our history has won the treble suggesting without him, we wouldn't have.

On your basis, every current player we have is the best in the world as they have also won the treble

I have no agenda. Indeed I have said, we have had the best out of him, and now we need to look to the future

You're making more silly statements. No probs with you praising Walker, but your hyperbole is off the scale
He probably is if we are being honest though I haven’t seen all of them.
Not this season, sadly. He’s fallen off a cliff and needs to pull his finger out for the remainder of the season.

Can't wait for the big matches when Walker has the creme de la creme of European left wingers in his pocket. Humble pies at the ready, buggers! ;)

The near 34-yo man has played 2nd most minutes this season after Phil, and I for my part am grateful to have such a phenomenal physicality at RB. He makes mistakes here and there? Yeah, who doesn't?
He has been a great signing for City.

I think referring to him as a 'black hole' amounts to disrespect.
I was discussing his tendency to be a black hole regarding attacking play, which is true. What other term would you use to describe a player who has only averaged a goal or assist every 872 minutes during their time on the City team?

It would still be acceptable if he were locking down his side of the field as he's done in the past, but unfortunately, that hasn't been close to the case this season. That's all I'm trying to say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.