2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Brilliant pass for the 4th goal, but on another day, or against better opponents, he'd have been punished for losing the ball inside his area, early in the game.

It's been that kind of season, but regardless of a dip in form or possible decline in pace, he'll be 34 in May.

I suspect that we'll soon be signing a long term replacement, but as others have alluded, he's been a tremendous player for City.

"Off the scale"? What on earth are you talking about? Do you have some kind of agenda against Walker?

Which other right-backs in City's history have won five Premier League titles, two FA Cups, four League Cups, two Community Shields, the Club World Cup and Super Cups? Which other right-backs have been part of a Centurions team, a domestic treble-winning team, a European treble-winning team? How many other City right-backs have been a 3x Premier League Team of the Year nominee and a FIFPro World XI nominee, with over 80 caps for England and a representative at four major tournaments?

It's fair enough to make the claim that, among the right-backs to have played for City, Walker is among the very greatest of them all, and that he is likely the very best of anyone to occupy that position in a blue shirt. He's at least in the conversation. How is that hyperbolic to suggest? You also have to factor in that the ability of footballers now compared to our last successful period (1968-1976) is considerably higher. But even relatively speaking, Walker has reached the very top of the sport. The only thing he's not won is a major international trophy but he has played in a major final - more than most City right-backs ever have.

"Hyperbole". Give me strength.
That's a strong argument..valid one too

I think with age, we are best expecting Walker to be an effective role player. I think it unreasonable to judge him according to his peak.

I’ve said it before. Kyle Walker is the best right back in World football and City are very fortunate to have him. Unless he’s pumped your wife / girlfriend/ daughter get off his back!!

Gives TrentGrisham an excuse then.

"Off the scale"? What on earth are you talking about? Do you have some kind of agenda against Walker?

Which other right-backs in City's history have won five Premier League titles, two FA Cups, four League Cups, two Community Shields, the Club World Cup and Super Cups? Which other right-backs have been part of a Centurions team, a domestic treble-winning team, a European treble-winning team? How many other City right-backs have been a 3x Premier League Team of the Year nominee and a FIFPro World XI nominee, with over 80 caps for England and a representative at four major tournaments?

It's fair enough to make the claim that, among the right-backs to have played for City, Walker is among the very greatest of them all, and that he is likely the very best of anyone to occupy that position in a blue shirt. He's at least in the conversation. How is that hyperbolic to suggest? You also have to factor in that the ability of footballers now compared to our last successful period (1968-1976) is considerably higher. But even relatively speaking, Walker has reached the very top of the sport. The only thing he's not won is a major international trophy but he has played in a major final - more than most City right-backs ever have.

"Hyperbole". Give me strength.
Didn’t Kalvin Phillips win a treble ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.