2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
it depends on kyle, if he says he is ready to play pep will play him
With respect to him he's not the brightest, and may enthusiastically volunteer to do something stupid. Sometimes player's need to be protected from themselves. As a keen young player I strapped up an injury for an "important cup game" and ended up totally rupturing it, to be out approximately 6 months. Hamstrings are probably the worst injury for recurrence.

With respect to him he's not the brightest, and may enthusiastically volunteer to do something stupid. Sometimes player's need to be protected from themselves. As a keen young player I strapped up an injury for an "important cup game" and ended up totally rupturing it, to be out approximately 6 months. Hamstrings are probably the worst injury for recurrence.

You don't know someone just because the Sun makes it a mission to report on everything they get up to in their personal life.

Walker is an intelligent footballer who's been playing at the top level for 15 years and has nothing but respect from his peers and manager. He knows how to do his job and I'm 100% sure Pep trusts his opinion on his own body.

He's also not going to jeopardise the Euros and potentially his future past that at City by getting reinjured.

You don't know someone just because the Sun makes it a mission to report on everything they get up to in their personal life.

Walker is an intelligent footballer who's been playing at the top level for 15 years and has nothing but respect from his peers and manager. He knows how to do his job and I'm 100% sure Pep trusts his opinion on his own body.

He's also not going to jeopardise the Euros and potentially his future past that at City by getting reinjured.

If you read Kompany's book even he made it pretty clear he isn't the sharpest tool. Makes a point of saying he was immature and he didn't have much in common with him.

Play him all day long.

I like Akanji but he has a mistake in him at RB. Nearly cost us in first game and could have cost us the Champs league final.

If Walker is 90% I'd rather risk a mistake through him than Akanji, because he may have one due to lack of match sharpness but we won't see Ancelotti try to lump it over to the wing constantly like they did in that first half.

Madrid have more respect for Walker than the entire English league. Big game for him.

It wasn't meant to be a dig at Walker. He tries to be a brave leader. As I was saying in my post I have been influenced and persuaded to play myself in an 'important cup game', when I should have rested. It's up to the medical staff to advise. A tweaked hamstring can easily go again, unless it's fully recovered, it's not like playing with a knock.

If you read Kompany's book even he made it pretty clear he isn't the sharpest tool. Makes a point of saying he was immature and he didn't have much in common with him.

He might well be off the pitch, but he's got a career that proves he's professional about his job, and a captains armband that shows the other 25 players in the squad and management have a high opinion of him as a footballer.

He might well be off the pitch, but he's got a career that proves he's professional about his job, and a captains armband that shows the other 25 players in the squad and management have a high opinion of him as a footballer.

Yeah different things.

Although on the pitch early season I think he was overconfident and players were able to capitalise on his assumption he was fine in certain situations. Seems to be extremely vulnerable to a cut back when he presumes players will try go around him.

In saying that and per my last post, I'd have him in there all day long.

You could point out a colossal error from him in every Champions League. It's why I was in the camp of playing Akanji there.

There's a reason he was benched in the UCL final last year by Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.