2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another complete over-reaction.
This.

How dare a professional footballer suggest that he'd prefer to win his country's first trophy in 58 years (and only the second ever), rather than have won his 2nd League Cup at City (and others, yes I know).

You might not agree with him, but it's understandable 100%.

I get a lot don't like Walker and don't think he should have been made captain in the first place (me included), but this isn't any kind of comment to get your knickers in a twist over.

Rodri is as captain material as you can find.

Leads by example on AND OFF the pitch, ridiculous mentality, seems to take offence to the mere thought of losing a duel - never mind a game - and pops up with important moments when they matter.

Not sure why he wasn’t selected. I can only think Walker’s seniority got him the gig above others.

This.

How dare a professional footballer suggest that he'd prefer to win his country's first trophy in 58 years (and only the second ever), rather than have won his 2nd League Cup at City (and others, yes I know).

You might not agree with him, but it's understandable 100%.

I get a lot don't like Walker and don't think he should have been made captain in the first place (me included), but this isn't any kind of comment to get your knickers in a twist over.

Woah woah woah, the Carabao's are the crown jewels in our cabinet!

I'm not arsed about this latest from Walker, it's not nearly as egregious as saying it's better than winning the treble.

Leads by example on AND OFF the pitch, ridiculous mentality, seems to take offence to the mere thought of losing a duel - never mind a game - and pops up with important moments when they matter.

Not sure why he wasn’t selected. I can only think Walker’s seniority got him the gig above others.

Yeah, I still think there were other senior players I'd have selected ahead of him. If it was purely an age and respect thing, I'd have given it to Kev.

Rodri and Ruben are probably the most obviously natural leaders in the squad though.

Love Rodri but I'd have Dias - Rodri can get emotional and drawn in to scraps (throttled Gibbs-White)

Last edited:
Walker shouldn't be brought up in the same sentence as the likes of Dias or Rodri. They are real leaders. Not clowns on and off the pitch. He has been a great servant to the club for years, but he has declined hugely now. Time to take that Saudi deal.

Lover Rodri but I'd have Dias - Rodri can get emotional and drawn in to scraps (throttled Gibbs-White)

I think he’s learned from that. As all good players have to.

Keane was a leader (a prick, but a leader) and his teammates from that era always harp back to how good he was. And he was getting sent off all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.