2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having his cock safely hidden in his kecks seems to be restricting him

My biggest gripe is why he insists on bombing forward knowing he hasn’t the skills needed to quickly and accurately put in a cross, needing to often stop the ball to gain control, or to (more often than not), play it backwards or sideways.

Kills the momentum every time
Because he pulls defenders out of position ?
When he bombs forward, he doesn't often get the ball.
Opponents regularly play a deep defence against City - players running from deep positions often opens up this wall.
Kyle was at his worst, when he constantly passed the ball sideways to Stones on the half way line...

Starting to look his age for me, next summer we need to be bringing in his long term successor, Walker need's to be playing less games, he looks weary.

I’ve been studying Kyle over the past few weeks and whilst his speed is a tremendous asset, his positioning is becoming more and more concerning. He is regularly out of position and allows quick counter attacks, crosses and free headers or players running onto a shot at the far post. You could blame either him or Ruben today for the Luton goal but the reality is, he’s the captain and should be leading the team. I‘m not saying he should be dropped but he needs to up his game and indeed being dropped to the bench may give him the kick up the backside he needs.
I know the defence has looked shaky as a unit but teams attacking down their left / our right, either directly or switching play are definitely getting success they weren’t getting last year.
Fingers crossed it’s just a blip and he and the team tighten up defensively, lift the Club World Cup in a few weeks and start moving up the table ready for the return of King KDB. ( I know there’s only one King but I’m sensing a huge uplift in performance once the heir apparent returns )
Interesting, you’ve clearly been analysing his game closer than most of us. It appears to me that he is getting further up the pitch this season, perhaps something he has been instructed to do by the management because they know his speed can get him out of trouble. Think the biggest problem for me has been gvardiol at left back, not a natural left back and getting skinned week in week out over there. Prefer ake in that position, but I think in the January transfer window a left back will be an essential acquisition, and perhaps should be the priority. Be interesting to hear your thoughts, cheers.

I don’t disagree with your observations on the left hand side of our defence. Truth be told, we haven’t had a natural left back since Kolarov. As a consequence opposition teams have targeted that position but are now getting success on the right too, that was my point that I may not have articulated brilliantly.
I should also be clear, I think Kyle is an outstanding player, but he’s a yard or two out of position regularly and other teams have seen it and are exploiting it, as well as the left back position.
I agree completely that a left back will be high on the shopping list, possibly January, but if not, definitely before next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.