2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

I dont understand how he plays so much in PL.
17 rounds, he started 17 games, was subbed off only once in 95th minute in the season opener vs Burnley. basically played every single minute in PL so far.

makes no sense unless Pep offered this to him in return not to leave.

he played 1957 minutes in PL last season, so far on 1530 minutes this season with only 45% of PL schedule played.
The results speak for themselves...

We won the treble without him in the team and because he threatened to go, he’s walked back into it. All a bit strange to me.

Time for him to drop out, get Stones back at right back.
Akanji at RB, Stones at CB where he steps into the middle. I'd like Bernardo back in the middle while we are at it. Drop Lewis and play Bernardo in his role, Bring Bobb in to play Right wide and play Fodeb as false 9 until Haaland gets back.

In case it wasn't obvious, that means drop Alvarez too :)

Shake this shit up. I like the new twist on Grealish's role. Let him play inside left as Gvaediol/Ake hug the line.

Grealish Bernardo and Phil as the attacking 3 ahead of Rodri inside with Gvardiol and Bobb hugging the line on the outside. Dias splits wider to the left and Alanji to the Right Stones in the middle.

I mean outside of the Greslish tweak really playing exactly like we did to end last season.

Pep used to be ruthless with players don't know why he is still starting Kyle every week when he is offering nothing at the back and front needs to hold the bench ,even Akanji a defender plays well when going forward .

Yep. Crap at defending because he is playing so high up.
It's bizarre our best one on one defender but least creative/ skillful player playing as a winger and getting the majority of our creative opportunities.

He’s been poor all season, no doubt. Playing so high and wide is not helping. I can half understand why Pep feels the need to do this, given the lack of options in midfield - but its painful to watch at the moment. Hopefully Stones can start playing regularly and we can go back to last season’s system. Then Walker can challenge Akanji for the spot on the right of the back 3/4, focusing on defending.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.