2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t good and I’m not defending him for the performance, but it was 2v1 against him for the first goal and he knew he couldn’t commit to one player or the other. He had to hope Isaks shot was poor..and it wasnt. Unfair to blame that one on him, he shouldn’t have been left high and dry by the other defenders with so many Newcastle players pushing up the pitch.
Yeah, tend to agree on the first. The 2nd was shocking and the bloke is a complete gobshite. Bizarre choice as our captain. Overall he’s been a great signing for us.

Yeah, tend to agree on the first. The 2nd was shocking and the bloke is a complete gobshite. Bizarre choice as our captain. Overall he’s been a great signing for us.
I missed the second my stream went dead. Yeah he wasn’t the ideal choice for sure. Hope he manages to sort it out.

He didn’t exactly cover himself in glory for either of their goals, but they were both class finishes tbf. Needs some time out of the team with the issues in his private life, but with Akanji and Stones injured that’s not been easy as I don’t think Guardiola is convinced by Lewis as a full-back either.

Relies far too much on his pace to nick a ball.

Look at his positioning on Gordon’s goal. Not only does he literally jog towards him, giving him the chance to get further forward, which Gordon takes, but then he doesn’t lay a glove on him!

Can anyone remember the last time Walker put in an actual defensive shift, as opposed to “got to the ball due to his pace”? Tackled a guy?

And, lastly, playing Dias, who is also in a slump, as the right sided defender in a 3, doesn’t help out Walker, as Dias is our most profligate defender and, to my eye, was the primary defensive link in the chain that broke, leading to both goals.

Last edited:
He needs to stop f*cking about on and off the pitch. Grow up and enjoy your privileged life on and off the pitch.

He's been culpable for a number of goals this season, it doesn't help that Pep has invented this new role for him He relies so much on his recovery pace which seems to have deserted him of late He looked ponderous, he gave both players too much room and they both turned him and produced fantastic finishes He need to stop acting as billy big bollocks which being captain has made him worse needs to learn diplomacy.
Think it was a mistake to give him a three year contact seem to be a bit of desperation by the club as a result of Gundo and Mahrez leaving

All of a sudden the RB position is becoming somewhat of a problem at the club, I'd like to see pep give Rico a bit more faith in that role but can't see it happening.

I’m a big fan of walker but yesterday was shite by his standards letting players inside far to easy

All of a sudden the RB position is becoming somewhat of a problem at the club, I'd like to see pep give Rico a bit more faith in that role but can't see it happening.

Lewis doesn't have any defensive skills notable to be a RB. All he had was attacking nous, which is useless when you need recovery pace and strength, of which he also has neither.

So, no, he's never a RB in a month of Sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.