2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
His best performance for months. Hopefully it's a turning point in his season.
He's not been as bad as some in here say, he's asked to do too much attacking for me, which puts him under pressure defensively,

It causes mistakes, of which he's made a few, on the other side of the pitch Gvardiol does much the same, yet doesn't get the same critisism.

I think he had a decent enough game but i don't think he played anywhere close to what some of comments suggest. seen him getting motm nods which is odd to me, that one impressive display of raw speed probably impacts perception quite a bit.

The concentration still wasn't fully there, we just wasn't punished for it. I saw foden, alvarez and bernardo at various points in the game sprinting past him to get back to defend their counters as walker jogs in, that shouldn't be happening.

This bit isnt his fault but he needs to be put back almost as the last man to help us defend counters better, this more advanced role isn't giving us enough to outweigh the security he provides in that role.

His inability to ever use his left foot is staggering. Spurs pressed him harder than they did Gvaridol all match, and why wouldn't you?

Good pace to recover when Timo was in on goal, but any half-decent winger is getting their body in front of Walker.

That one cross field dart in 2nd half was mad and random. Literally started laughing.

Overall he was solid though.

I think he had a decent enough game but i don't think he played anywhere close to what some of comments suggest. seen him getting motm nods which is odd to me, that one impressive display of raw speed probably impacts perception quite a bit.

The concentration still wasn't fully there, we just wasn't punished for it. I saw foden, alvarez and bernardo at various points in the game sprinting past him to get back to defend their counters as walker jogs in, that shouldn't be happening.

This bit isnt his fault but he needs to be put back almost as the last man to help us defend counters better, this more advanced role isn't giving us enough to outweigh the security he provides in that role.
I don’t think it was just that one run though, he made several great interceptions, one of which he had about 3 Tottenham players around him but he saw it and made it look easy. He also made several great runs to get the team up the pitch. Pep expects people to cover him when needed.

Has a good game and is still getting slated.

His inability to ever use his left foot is staggering. Spurs pressed him harder than they did Gvaridol all match, and why wouldn't you?

Good pace to recover when Timo was in on goal, but any half-decent winger is getting their body in front of Walker.
Come on admit it, he’s poked your mrs.

Difference is another defender wouldn’t have caught Werner up.

I don’t think it was just that one run though, he made several great interceptions, one of which he had about 3 Tottenham players around him but he saw it and made it look easy. He also made several great runs to get the team up the pitch. Pep expects people to cover him when needed.

Has a good game and is still getting slated.

Who's slating him? My post you've quoted literally started with "I think he had a decent enough game"

I raised 2 points, one was about his concentration levels, which he showed multiple times in the game he wasn't as switched on and alert as he should be, the second I explicitly said wasn't down to him and more of a tactical thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.