20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely he has two options World wide? Barca or Madrid. Barca have just had to allow Messi to walk, Bernardo only just signed a extension so he’ll be costly. Madrid look a right fucking mess. He’s walk into both starting xi’s though. So we should be charging accordingly.
Atletico would be a great option too, not sure why you have discounted them.

Atletico would be a great option too, not sure why you have discounted them.

In fairness, probably a bit of big 2 blinkers to be honest. I just never imagine people dreaming of Athletico.
He pressing style woujd be perfect for them. But he’s don’t a dirty cheating arsehole.
So, I guess he’d be conflicted.

In fairness, probably a bit of big 2 blinkers to be honest. I just never imagine people dreaming of Athletico.
He pressing style woujd be perfect for them. But he’s don’t a dirty cheating arsehole.
So, I guess he’d be conflicted.
I don't think it has to be about who he "dreams" to play for.

Atletico are competitive now, and have won the league twice now in the last decade breaking into the pair.

Considering Barca and Real's situations right now as you pointed out, they are a very attractive proposition if you want to live in Spain and compete.

Bernardo and Gundogan is our best CM pairing. These two along with Mahrez and our CB duo were our top 5 performers of the season. If only he had better PR, no one would utter tripe like he hasn't been good for 2 years.
When you say this you have to include Cancelo who played most of the time with Bernardo because he was the actual creator in the side when Kev was out.

When you say this you have to include Cancelo who played most of the time with Bernardo because he was the actual creator in the side when Kev was out.
Bernardo's defensive work rate allowed Cancelo and Gundogan the freedom to attack.

That being said, I'm sure Pep can figure out a way to give those 2 that freedom without Bernardo.

He could play Dinho in Bernie's role, with Rodri as the DM. Or just stop asking Kevin to press with the striker and have him play RCM like he did in the last years and play passes from deeper, he just lacks the control of Bernie, but beats him on passing. Just spitballing some ideas on how it can still work without Bernie.

I’d be interested to hear you say honestly how many full 90 minutes you’ve watched of Grealish. I’ll be honest, i’ve not seen much and what I have seen i’ve not been particularly impressed with. I really didn’t understand the clamour for him at the Euros. Just because he’s signed for us, I’m not going to change my mind.

I like Grealish’s character, and i’m hoping he’ll prove me wrong.
I just thought regarding the Euros every time he’d played for England he’d looked our best and most creative player leading up to it. We finally had 2 players with genuine skill and ability to open teams up but Southgate was negative as it gets. I think Foden and Grealish will be absolutely amazing together down the left this season but time will tell.

Last edited:
Bernardo's defensive work rate allowed Cancelo and Gundogan the freedom to attack.

That being said, I'm sure Pep can figure out a way to give those 2 that freedom without Bernardo.

He could play Dinho in Bernie's role, with Rodri as the DM. Or just stop asking Kevin to press with the striker and have him play RCM like he did in the last years and play passes from deeper, he just lacks the control of Bernie, but beats him on passing. Just spitballing some ideas on how it can still work without Bernie.
What I'd like to see, although I don't know if Pep would do it, is just play Cancelo as a midfielder with Walker at RB in the event Kev is out through rest or injury. Cancelo has great technical skill, even better than a lot of midfielders. He inverts in the midfield anyway to progress the ball. He can create like his assists to Gundogan against West Brom and his though ball to Sterling who was on the right to cut it back to Gundogan against Newcastle. Instead of having someone like Bernie cover for him when he goes forward, there would already be Walker there. Again I don't know if Pep would do this though. I love Bernie as much as the next person, but I do think we can fill the gap if he leaves.

What I'd like to see, although I don't know if Pep would do it, is just play Cancelo as a midfielder with Walker at RB in the event Kev is out through rest or injury. Cancelo has great technical skill, even better than a lot of midfielders. He inverts in the midfield anyway to progress the ball. He can create like his assists to Gundogan against West Brom and his though ball to Sterling who was on the right to cut it back to Gundogan against Newcastle. Instead of having someone like Bernie cover for him when he goes forward, there would already be Walker there. Again I don't know if Pep would do this though. I love Bernie as much as the next person, but I do think we can fill the gap if he leaves.
Yeah I've thought about that idea alot, just play Cancelo as a midfielder.

I think Pep has actually done it last season atleast once, maybe twice? By making a 343 diamond, where Cancelo would play as a midfielder, but when we defend he would go wide to help Walker in a 4231.

--------------------Sterling----------------
Foden---------------KdB--------------Mahrez
---Gundogan-------Rodri-------Cancelo
---Dias-------------Stones------Walker

What I'd like to see is Stones/Laporte/Dias as back 3...with 1 sat in front.....Walker/Zin/Cancelo wingbacks against better sides....against 'lesser' sides, Mahrez/Sterling/Foden/Grealish/Torres etc wide...no need for standard full backs ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.