2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

a) It was kappa's interpretation not le coq's.
b) Dark trim is as much City as United. We've had dark blue trim throughout the decades.
c) I haven't got a third point but just a) and b) looks a bit sit.
Stand corrected on point a) - Le Coq followed them with the same.
b) We've had flashes of dark trim, but our identity is overwhelmingly sky blue and white that's my point. I'm not addressing socks either btw. If you have to pick two colours you associate with City's home kit, it's sky blue and white.

Totally agree with the white shorts bit, but "dark, raggy trim"? I think you should take a look at our history. Navy blue has been part of the clubs colours since the 1800s! We wore navy blue socks for over 80 years! Far from being "raggy" it's actually more down to Reebok sacking off the navy socks in the early 2000s only for them never to return which is the anomoly.

Manchester City's core colours throughout history is:
Sky blue shirt
White shorts
Navy blue socks.

People may have other personal preferences, but throughout our 100+ year history, they have been our colours for 70% of the time.
I'm more than aware of our history, I wouldn't have posted that otherwise. I wasn't including the socks as part of the trim as they've constantly changed, I was addressing the shirt specifically. If you disregard any laser blue shirts as they can't even get the home colours right, there's a period of six years in the 20th century with a black collar where there's more black than white - other than that there's just as much white.

The only kits I specifically find issue regarding this is Umbro a few years ago and Nike's last seasons (which had no white anywhere). I associate dark trim with them, white with us as they've often had black trim and shorts.

Regarding the socks you address, dark shorts/socks seems to have been standard in the early 20th century as I doubt the availability of the modern colour scheme was the same - or for other reasons.

My point is our modern colour scheme is sky blue and white - what we have gradually found over time.

to help visualise ...

CWfjbveWIAAR6Am.jpg

I think that's a nice kit.
Gav, do you do this for a job, designing I mean?
(Warning: Soap-Box moment)
That said, I just think that no other club change their home kit colours every other year. Our colours are our identity, and as I have seen since the badge consultation stuff happened, it's our identity more than any symbol or badge. We should keep our identity clear, and not cloud it with changes.

I'm more than aware of our history, I wouldn't have posted that otherwise. I wasn't including the socks as part of the trim as they've constantly changed, I was addressing the shirt specifically. If you disregard any laser blue shirts as they can't even get the home colours right, there's a period of six years in the 20th century with a black collar where there's more black than white - other than that there's just as much white.

The only kits I specifically find issue regarding this is Umbro a few years ago and Nike's last seasons (which had no white anywhere). I associate dark trim with them, white with us as they've often had black trim and shorts.

Regarding the socks you address, dark shorts/socks seems to have been standard in the early 20th century as I doubt the availability of the modern colour scheme was the same - or for other reasons.

My point is our modern colour scheme is sky blue and white - what we have gradually found over time.

I'm pretty sure a variety of sock colours were available from the 1800s onwards. The Shite had green socks in the 1800s, Liverpool had read, I'm sure if we were so inclined we could have had sky blue. We chose navy, and to me sky blue, white and navy blue are the Manchester City colours.

I completely agree with you that white is an essential part of our identity. Even more so than navy blue. Every City kit should always contain sky blue and white, and every kit did until two years ago, and it's a joke that the club let Nike do away with it on a whim after 100 years of history.

I'm not saying you're one of them, but there are countless posters who say "navy blue is not a City colour" and it winds me up. It's absolutely a City colour and has been for over 100 years. It's not raggish, it's not Coventry, it's Manchester City. Navy blue is very much a City colour.

My personal view is that:
The shirts should ALWAYS be sky blue
The shorts should ALWAYS be white
The socks should ALWAYS be blue. I don't mind the odd change between sky blue and navy blue, but I don't really like City wearing white socks, it looks like a cheap Lazio rip off.

This same debate happens every alternate year when the club / manufacturers decide to fuck around with our identity. We need another club consultation, decide on an identity the fans want and stick to it. Stop fucking around with it like we're a Sunday League side.

White shorts with the sky blue shirt whenever possible. I thought the club had listened to the fans about this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.