2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

White shorts with the sky blue shirt whenever possible. I thought the club had listened to the fans about this?

Yeh they listened and then completely ignored it.

The club are fully aware how unpopular the blue shorts are but chose to not give a toss.

I think that's a nice kit.
Gav, do you do this for a job, designing I mean?
(Warning: Soap-Box moment)
That said, I just think that no other club change their home kit colours every other year. Our colours are our identity, and as I have seen since the badge consultation stuff happened, it's our identity more than any symbol or badge. We should keep our identity clear, and not cloud it with changes.

No mate, had no training or education or anything professional like that, so couldn't do it as a job.

Only started as a protest as I didn't want to sit around colouring in pictures after I suffered my Stroke, like all the other patients had to do.

So I got my laptop in and just started doing random things on MS Paint (that was the limit my brain function could manage then)... and been doing a bit random creativity every day since, to help stimulate the brain and keep it active.

That's why don't mind if people don't like anything, they aren't meant to be popular etc. Just a task I have to do. Flip side of that is why I get an idea in my head, it stays in there until I design it, whether it's complete random crap or not, or it just annoys the he'll of me 'til I do... which is pretty much anything I do at the moment. :(

jEIESSLq.jpg

GeekinGav I have to say you are an inspirational person. Keep posting whatever (City related) stuff you come up with, it brings joy to people or at least to me. :-)

Merry Christmas mate!

I'm sure my one and only full city kit was entirely blue, shirt, shorts and socks... Back in ...hmmm... 78?
Got Peter Barnes autograph at the opening of a shoe shop in Cheadle Hulme...about the same time.

FA Cup final 1981, the whole season actually. The only full kit I have ever owned.

2jbsj7q.gif

No mate, had no training or education or anything professional like that, so couldn't do it as a job.

Only started as a protest as I didn't want to sit around colouring in pictures after I suffered my Stroke, like all the other patients had to do.

So I got my laptop in and just started doing random things on MS Paint (that was the limit my brain function could manage then)... and been doing a bit random creativity every day since, to help stimulate the brain and keep it active.

That's why don't mind if people don't like anything, they aren't meant to be popular etc. Just a task I have to do. Flip side of that is why I get an idea in my head, it stays in there until I design it, whether it's complete random crap or not, or it just annoys the he'll of me 'til I do... which is pretty much anything I do at the moment. :(

jEIESSLq.jpg

I think you have a talent for it, and from what you've said, i think you are an amazing person. You have been dealt a rotten hand but have shown great fight. Your resourcefulness and creativity, I'm sure, is not just a benefit to your recovery, but to everyone here too. Merry Citymas mate

I used to be dead set against blue shorts, "like Coventry" I used to rant..... Then came 93:20 and blue shorts are etched into the memories of our greatest moment..... Still prefer white, but from a marketing/establish a global identity, you can see the point
This is a good point, wouldn't be surprised if the goal for the club was to move to blue shorts as a standard and they're simply throwing white shorts in every other season as a way of blind sighting the fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.