2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

Right... obviously got too much time on my hands – but using Historic Kits as my guide, and using kits since the formation of City (not counting Munich memorial one-off kit) – we have had a grand total of 56 kits. Out of them the split is...

SHIRTS
Sky Blue – 52
Laser Blue - 4

SHORTS
White - 45
Sky Blue - 10
Black - 1

SOCKS
Sky Blue - 27
White - 5
Navy - 14
Black - 2
Sky Blue/White Hoops - 5
Laser/Navy Hoops - 2
Sky/White/Maroon Hoops - 1

So the kit we wear most is SKY BLUE SHIRT (93%), WHITE SHORTS (80%) and SKY BLUE SOCKS (45%)... there you go City, that's our identity STICK WITH IT...

20a6kv5.jpg

...oh and read that people complaining about last season's all sky blue kit were told that their comments would be passed on to Nike... what?!? Nike should have absolutely fuck all say in what our colours are... the above kit should be set in stone, no fucking about! Change neck styles etc., but do not fuck with the colours!

we've used Sky and maroon more than once, years used is a much better indicator than number of different kits.

Right... obviously got too much time on my hands – but using Historic Kits as my guide, and using kits since the formation of City (not counting Munich memorial one-off kit) – we have had a grand total of 56 kits. Out of them the split is...

SHIRTS
Sky Blue – 52
Laser Blue - 4

SHORTS
White - 45
Sky Blue - 10
Black - 1

SOCKS
Sky Blue - 27
White - 5
Navy - 14
Black - 2
Sky Blue/White Hoops - 5
Laser/Navy Hoops - 2
Sky/White/Maroon Hoops - 1

So the kit we wear most is SKY BLUE SHIRT (93%), WHITE SHORTS (80%) and SKY BLUE SOCKS (45%)... there you go City, that's our identity STICK WITH IT...

20a6kv5.jpg

...oh and read that people complaining about last season's all sky blue kit were told that their comments would be passed on to Nike... what?!? Nike should have absolutely fuck all say in what our colours are... the above kit should be set in stone, no fucking about! Change neck styles etc., but do not fuck with the colours!
This is warped somewhat though. We may well have had 56 kits but we've had many many more years with navy socks than any other, it's just that we had the same kit once for 17 years that had navy socks but that is just represented as a singular in your figures.

I counted it a few years ago, I may be slightly out as I slightly forgot exactly how many, but we've had navy socks for about 74 years of our history since 1894 and sky socks for about 40.

Navy is BY FAR out on its own as being the colour of socks we've had for more years than any other.

i started doing templates of the combinations of blue and White, with 4 combinations of Shirt elements, 2 combinations of short colour and 4 colour combinations .... look at about 40 kits.

Then, go for Blue and Navy, thats another 40.

Then go for Blue, White, Navy .....

Then go for Blue, White, Maroon ........

Then go for Blue, White, Navy , Maroon ........

.... gave up at .....

CYEys39WwAEjbsu.jpg

Last edited:
i started doing templates of the combinations of blue and White, with 4 combinations of Shirt elements, 2 combinations of short colour and 4 colour combinations .... look at about 40 kits.

Then, go for Blue and Navy, thats another 40.

Then go for Blue, White, Navy .....

Then go for Blue, White, Maroon ........

Then go for Blue, White, Navy , Maroon ........

.... gave up at .....

exactly the sort of thing I wanted you to help me with :p

see why i said no ... looking at 100+ combinations ... you'd need all of them for an informed poll, otherwise its just cherry picking .

not really, it's about the core colours and combinations, the style of trim is a nice accessory but not a core component, you're always going to get different collars, different style piping down the side of the shirt for example, it's about deciding the core colours of what they should be that's the big complaint.

It's also about breaking it down into sections as well. You can do the Etihad and Nike logo on the home shirt in different colours and have a separate vote for that, without needing to then worry about all those combinations going into examples of full kits.

not really, it's about the core colours and combinations, the style of trim is a nice accessory but not a core component, you're always going to get different collars, different style piping down the side of the shirt for example, it's about deciding the core colours of what they should be that's the big complaint.

It's also about breaking it down into sections as well. You can do the Etihad and Nike logo on the home shirt in different colours and have a separate vote for that, without needing to then worry about all those combinations going into examples of full kits.

That is the thing ...

Blue Shirt ... what colour collar? Blue, white, navy? what colour cuffs? Blue, White, Navy? What colour Nike/Sponsor? White, Navy?

White Shorts ... what colour trim? White? Navy? White and Navy? White and Maroon? Navy and Maroon?

or

Blue Shorts ... what colour trim? Blue? Navy? Blue and Navy? Blue and Maroon? Navy and Maroon?

dont get me started with the socks, be here all night .......

... the thing is all of these colours and combinations makes up the core colours and combination and each colour in a different place makes it a different kit.

If you say ... Blue Shirt, White Socks, Blue Socks ... that means there is no colour on the collar, cuffs and trim. That is different than one with added White Collar.

We need a 'signature', 'default' kit. Even if we just choose base colours ... you at looking at least 10 to choose from before you start choosing Collars, Cuffs and Trim.

Its a minefield I'm avoiding.

That is the thing ...

Blue Shirt ... what colour collar? Blue, white, navy? what colour cuffs? Blue, White, Navy? What colour Nike/Sponsor? White, Navy?

White Shorts ... what colour trim? White? Navy? White and Navy? White and Maroon? Navy and Maroon?

or

Blue Shorts ... what colour trim? Blue? Navy? Blue and Navy? Blue and Maroon? Navy and Maroon?

dont get me started with the socks, be here all night .......

... the thing is all of these colours and combinations makes up the core colours and combination and each colour in a different place makes it a different kit.

If you say ... Blue Shirt, White Socks, Blue Socks ... that means there is no colour on the collar, cuffs and trim. That is different than one with added White Collar.

We need a 'signature', 'default' kit. Even if we just choose base colours ... you at looking at least 10 to choose from before you start choosing Collars, Cuffs and Trim.

Its a minefield I'm avoiding.

You're wayyyyy over complicating it!
I've always loved maroon turnovers on the socks, but traditionally navy blue socks were worn. The club has also favoured navy blue as a trim or accompanying colour most often through our history.
So, basing it on the most commonly worn colours we've had...

I propose Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts, Sky Blue Socks.

With that combination the trim on the shirt could be navy or white... or both. Same on shorts - plain white or with navy or sky piping. Socks sky blue and white or navy trim if necessary... Then simply stick with that combination and you can't go wrong!

You're wayyyyy over complicating it!
I've always loved maroon turnovers on the socks, but traditionally navy blue socks were worn. The club has also favoured navy blue as a trim or accompanying colour most often through our history.
So, basing it on the most commonly worn colours we've had...

I propose Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts, Sky Blue Socks.

With that combination the trim on the shirt could be navy or white... or both. Same on shorts - plain white or with navy or sky piping. Socks sky blue and white or navy trim if necessary... Then simply stick with that combination and you can't go wrong!

you just created 5 or 6 different kits there ... simply.

we've used Sky and maroon more than once, years used is a much better indicator than number of different kits.

Not read that properly have you? The results are that we wore sky/white & maroon hooped socks once - 1966-67
The socks you mean are the sky blue socks with a maroon turnover – they are included in the sky blue socks results.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.