2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

you just created 5 or 6 different kits there ... simply.

No I didn't! One kit - Sky Blue Shirt / White Shorts / Sky Blue socks ...why is that so hard to grasp?

That is the base template that never changes – the trim of the shirt, shorts or socks changing doesn't affect that base template. If one year the shirt had navy trim... doesn't affect that the shirt is still sky blue, the shorts would still be white... and you've guessed it... the socks would still be sky blue!

No I didn't! One kit - Sky Blue Shirt / White Shorts / Sky Blue socks ...why is that so hard to grasp?

That is the base template that never changes – the trim of the shirt, shorts or socks changing doesn't affect that base template. If one year the shirt had navy trim... doesn't affect that the shirt is still sky blue, the shorts would still be white... and you've guessed it... the socks would still be sky blue!

CYFhgyEWwAA_1az.jpg

i get what you are saying, the base/core colours stay the same, but the combinations change each kit into different kits is what I'm saying. The problem is, folks don't know what the 'default' combination is because so many have been used and throw their teddies when this or that is used.

I only did 6 there ... could have done 20 more using the combinations, some more subtle, some more drastic, so its easy to see why so many can be done when you start introducing Maroon. or White socks, or Navy Socks, or Maroon socks or blue shorts, alternate cuffs/collar combo's ...

Last edited:
CYFhgyEWwAA_1az.jpg

i get what you are saying, the base/core colours stay the same, but the combinations change each kit into different kits is what I'm saying. The problem is, folks don't know what the 'default' combination is because so many have been used and throw their teddies when this or that is used.

I only did 6 there ... could have done 20 more using the combinations, some more subtle, some more drastic, so its easy to see why so many can be done when you start introducing Maroon. or White socks, or Navy Socks, or Maroon socks or blue shorts, alternate cuffs/collar combo's ...

That image captures it perfectly – exactly what i'm saying. I love the maroon socks, however navy blue is the more traditional third colour, so the kit should be sky blue shirts, white shorts, sky blue socks every time, but trim will obviously change season to season, but only a combination of white or navy blue. The image you've created is still City even though the trim changes... for example, look at Chelsea's kit - Royal blue shirts and shorts, white socks every season, yet they've had gold trim, red/white trim or just white. The rags again, same kit every year but the trim is sometimes black, sometimes white... but for both of those teams the base kit colour does not change.

If anybody comes to a game and stands in front of me banging a drum, waving a flag and wearing white shorts the lot with be shoved up their ARRRRRSE !!!!!

Not read that properly have you? The results are that we wore sky/white & maroon hooped socks once - 1966-67
The socks you mean are the sky blue socks with a maroon turnover – they are included in the sky blue socks results.

to be fair you didn't make that clear, and there's a wide difference between sky blue socks with white turnovers, to the blue with maroon turnovers.

CYFhgyEWwAA_1az.jpg

you know how the badge consultation asked for fans to vote on different individual elements, and then the club put them together into one? That's the kind of approach I'm going for, if there was some way to automate the response recording to create an example kit then that would be preferred, but alternatively some examples of core colour combinations on concept kits to ask people if they LIKE any, as a supplement to voting on the individual elements, I think would be a useful visual aid, not as a decisive vote.

you know how the badge consultation asked for fans to vote on different individual elements, and then the club put them together into one? That's the kind of approach I'm going for, if there was some way to automate the response recording to create an example kit then that would be preferred, but alternatively some examples of core colour combinations on concept kits to ask people if they LIKE any, as a supplement to voting on the individual elements, I think would be a useful visual aid, not as a decisive vote.

I agree mate, it's always better to have the visual aid to help you make a more informed decision.

The only danger with a consultation is that the vote on sock colour will be fairly evenly split between sky blue and navy blue. We could end up with the club trying to please everyone again and giving us sky and navy hooped socks!

The irony being if sky and navy hoops were an option to vote for directly, they'd get very few votes.

I agree mate, it's always better to have the visual aid to help you make a more informed decision.

The only danger with a consultation is that the vote on sock colour will be fairly evenly split between sky blue and navy blue. We could end up with the club trying to please everyone again and giving us sky and navy hooped socks!

The irony being if sky and navy hoops were an option to vote for directly, they'd get very few votes.

Well, I'd thought of adding hooped varieties as an example (we've had them previously) but in addition, if you say selected more than one sock colour, you would be asked whether you would be happy for the club to rotate between those colours, and if you only selected one colour, you'd be asked if you only wanted that colour to be used.

So you'd end up with data knowing who "ONLY wanted sky blue socks", who "ONLY wanted Navy" and who were happy for them to be rotated. It would then be up to whether there's a majority or whether both are so popular they would be interchanged. I know it may not clear it up identity wise in that sense, but at least everyone know what the supporters want to see.

Not sure about that. I think sky blue would win by some margin as they have been used a lot more in recent years whereas navy socks were predominantly used quite a long time ago.

I think most people (city and fans plus others) identify us as sky blue shirt, white shorts and sky blue socks.

i think we are getting lost in the definition of terms, especially from a design perspective.

When you say 'Kit colours' ... for example, Sky Blue, White and Navy ... this says anything goes using those colours including blue shorts, navy shorts, white socks and navy socks.

When you say 'Kit' ... each individual one each year is a kit. As they are different. You can have the same coloured kit but one by Umbro and one by Nike and they are classed as different 'kits'.

I think we need, for clarity, specific details of what we want in the way of 'Core Colour Scheme'. As much detail as possible otherwise its left open to interpretation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.